Divine Reave Scion-120K DPS 4K HP 10K ARMOR 30 EXALTS

INTRODUCTION

Greetings to all that stumble upon my post and express interest in it. Allow me to first of all briefly introduce my background and elaborate on the motivation behind this build.

I am a university student majoring in physics who just completed his undergraudate studies and is currently applying for doctorate studies. I was among the first to join this game in closed beta three years ago and have ever since tried to devote as much time to this game as possible aside while juggling to maintain my standard as a decent student.

I have always wanted to define a game breaking build but was always one step behind the rest. As you know, Path of Exile is a game where the developers consistently punish us with increased difficulties while the players continue to invent ways to break it.

The motivation behind this build is to break the game in a way never done before. We first of all have two problems. 1)High DPS characters for budget users die too easily, A.K.A glasscanon, even Fyndel's spectral thrower can die easily if he is caught off-guard or in a desync. 2) Budget defensive characters still die to end-game bosses like Atziri because their pathetic DPS lose out in the war of attrition, for example Aegis+ Bringer of Rain maximum block build can die easily without a mirrored one handed weapon.

My objective therefore is

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

PROS
-High DPS
-Crowd control; decent area of effect
-High survival rate (One shot KO can still happen if players are careless)
-Cheap to build
-Extreme movement speed

CONS
-Difficult to maximize resistances
-Not hardcore viable
-Not beginner-friendly
-Not de-synchronization friendly
-Becomes fully functional only at late levels; 80 minimum

GENERAL STRATEGY

Good. How are we going to do this? We first of all notice that the best DPS passive skill nodes come from the shadow dagger area for the strongest class of weapon in the game currently-dagger. This still offers pathetic damage if you only have an entry level dagger like Bino's kitchen knife. We therefore require

Abyssus is currently the only budget item that can bring budget daggers to the same class as tier one or two daggers like Honour Etcher, but at a great cost of defense.

Next, the best defense in terms of passive skills come from the Marauder-Duelist region in the bottom of the skill tree. In fact there is only one keystone that I am interested in.

Iron reflexes is what determines whether you are the type that depends on arctic armor or mind over matter or the type that can mostly ignore physical damage.

Now, a final but critical problem arises. The king of offense and the queen of defense reside on the opposite areas of the passive skill tree. Any attempt to link them up requires going through the Ranger area which offers decent notables but at the cost of lengthy chains of unwanted bonus stats nodes. To deal with this, we have one answer

Scion can simply split her skill tree in two paths and reach both the shadow and marauder region without wasting too many skill points.

That is how we are gonna break the game!

STATISTICS

For those who are still skeptical about the build I will demonstrate its screenshot performance right away.

Offense (With high roll Atziri's promise and 5 power charges)
Spoiler

Offense (With 5 power charges only)
Spoiler

Defense (With granite flask and Grace aura)
Spoiler

Defense (With Grace aura only)
Spoiler

PASSIVE SKILL TREE

Current skilltree at level 84

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwDlgceCLELYQ5ID8QRlhQgFr8ZtBo-HNwmlSmlKgss4TWSNj07KDt8Pfw__EZxRwZHfklRSshOKlBHVUtYY13yXz9gQ2HiYqxjQ2VNapNsjG1sbj1uqm-ecFJwVnDVdwd4DXlofeN_xoLkgwmE2YcTidOKr4wLjDaMz5ARkBuTJ5UumhOcpJ2qoqOmf6c0qW6sZrGztAy1SLXytkG4yrk-uXy9Nr6Kvqe-vMEExtjYdti929TkUehm7LDtQe8O8NXyL_Lh8-r2SPb8

Ideal skill tree at level 100

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5Y7KGBDbj2DCUZxtAyTJxzcf8a4yjt8D8SioxGWkBtwVpoT29R94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwby4WNDDkhd8nBSidNw1bVI8-oqC6c09vy5fIwL7LA2PW1sYqydqha_D6tVS2HiJpWMNmyMdweHE5ykb57-j03jplcxnjXWRQr0xr682L01ksDjS1fxs3gNqW618gixP_zoZhQgXz_BBHloC2E9_IzP9kjyLxo-vqdlTb02R36E2QHcvooZtCmlTiq2QWqTWGPG2O8OUEfkUUrIbqpJUfDVlS4HHo6Kl9Dbblb1MglybGxGn8unMJ7NVbU=

Early game skill tree (Level 1 to 60)

For early game, simply learn everything that is on the Shadow's side. This is because offense matters much more than defense for lower levels.

Bandit Choices

Normal difficulty-Oak
Cruel difficulty-Eramir
Merciless difficulty-Alira

CHOICE OF KEYSTONES AND NOTABLES

IRON REFLEXES

Iron reflexes is our primary defense and counter-balance for Abyssus increased physical damage taken. Our sources of armor should primarily be Grace, Lioneye's remorse, Atziri's steps as well as Abyssus itself.
ART OF THE GLADIATOR

Heavy armor makes us slow and painful to run. Be artistic and lighten our load a bit.
BRAVERY

The increased evasion and armor works best in our scenario of iron reflexes as our gears are will spread between armor and evasion based gears.
EAGLE EYE

This node is needed only if you do not gather enough accuracy rating on your equipment which happens for most poor players.
SENTINEL

Again, we need any double count factor for both armor and evasion for iron reflexes. The bonus resistance is needed as well as we can hardly maximize our resistance with so many unique gears running.
CONSTITUTION

A major source of defense and opening gate to the rest of the Scion life wheel.
TRUE STRIKE

For the poor players who cannot attain high critical chances on their jewelry, this is a must-have to trigger power charges to attain true final damage quickly.
NIGHTSTALKER

60% added critical strike chance. I do not need to explain this.
ADDER'S TOUCH

Interesting node. The bonus chaos poison hardly helps since we kill most enemies under two seconds. For experts, try to whirling blades out of the way of bosses that barely survive our critical hits and let them poison to death instead to save playtime.
VAAL PACT

---IMPORTANT---
Most tricky keystone that needs explaining. I have taken the skilltree such that it just passes through Vaal Pact. For those without Atziri's acuity, spend two regret orbs to learn and unlearn Vaal Pact during uber Atziri run to deal with her triplet minions effectively.

LEVELING GUIDE

This leveling guide is only for novice players still unfamiliar with the famous flicker strike leveling build
Spoiler

Flicker strike saves crazy amount of playtime by directly teleporting you to the target enemy you wish to attack. It however has a large cooldown that can only be negated by consumong a frenzy charge.

To generate the infinite amount of frenzy charges that we need. We rely on

Take note that blood rage is quite dangerous at low levels for its high health degeneration rate. I advise paying caution towards using flasks.

Next, we need to ensure that flicker strike hurts enemy enough to keep up its frenzy charge consumption rate. This we require a rather cheap unique item to maximize the damage

With a perfect non-level restricted six linked chestpiece, we can use the following setup for best efficiency.

Flicker Strike+Multistrike+Melee Physical Damage+Mana leech+Increased Critical Chances+Power charge on critical.

This setup is to be used along with the advised early game skill tree which attains most of the damage via critical strikes.

Next, we require compulsory leveling unique weapons to provide the necessary damage for this build to work.

Level 1 to 20

Level 20 to 35

Level 35 to 60

Now, press the hotkey for flicker strike and enjoy a dragonball fight movie as you level to level 62.

Cheers

BEST EQUIPMENT

HELMET

Abyssus is the only item to grant high end damage output without any top tier dagger. For those of you with access to tier one daggers, Alpha Howl or Rat's Nest takes over best in slot item.

SHIELD

To be used only when resistances are capped and sufficient life leech are attained without a shield. The high armor bonus is exactly needed for iron reflexes to work. Aegis Aurora can function better than this shield only if you are playing maximum block which is not the case.

ARMOR

Best in slot. No other armor in the game currently adds such amount of damage output without a negative counter effect.

BOOTS

Best in slot. High evasion needed for iron reflexes while giving good health and anti-spell bonuses. (In fact I find that this item deserves to be made legacy)

GLOVES

NOT THE BEST IN SLOT. However this is exactly needed for our budget build. Atziri's acuity will replace this which I unfortunately do not own. I am replacing Atziri's acuity with Vaal Pact for uber Atziri runs which costs 2 orb of regrets (To learn and unlearn) per run. This is the added bonus of choosing the Scion split path skill tree I am using.

FLASKS

Instant heal flasks are necessary for this build as the only thing that can kill us in the game are surprise damages such as off screen Rhoa charge. I have crafted a next to perfect granite flask to counter physical damage as well. The faster charge recovery from critical strike is necessary as our granite flasks need to be turned on almost half of the time. Atziri's promise is needed to deal with Undying Alchemist hordes as well as fast execution of map end bosses. Anti-freeze flask is a must to deal with strongboxes that freeze you upon opening.

OTHER GEARS WHICH ARE NOT FIXED AND UP TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE

Over here I am using a rather humble dagger-Morbid Song which costs only a bit more than Bino's Kitchen Knife. Your jewelry and Belt should cover up the following parameters in order of importance
Resistance-Life & Mana leech-Critical strike chance-maximum life-Accuracy rating-Flat physical damage-Bonus stats(For running gems)

GRAND TOTAL COST OF BUILD=30 EXALTS

6L Carcass Jack=21 exalted orbs
High Roll Abyssus=1 exalted orbs
Bino's Kitchen Knife=5 exalted orbs
Perect Roll Atziri's Steps=4 chaos orbs
Maligaro Virtuosity=25 chaos
High Roll Lioneye's Remorse=3 gemcutter's prism

GEM SETUP

Main Attack-Reave

Use increased area of effect for maps with increased monster pack size and increased critical damage for maps with high lightning resistances; replacing physical to lightning.

Aura and Herald Setup

I use two heralds instead of Hatred as I need to leave some vacant mana pool for situations where i accidentally burn out too much mana.

Cast when damage taken autocast setup

Some would argue that the setup should be at a lower level for the trigger to take place more frequently. I agree! However, I am waiting for the day when GGG finally decides to make these four gems more rewarding to run at higher levels.

Vaal Skill-Vaal Grace

Blood Rage setup

Try to gather as much quality on blood rage as possible. The bonus life leech tastes great.

Movement setup

We require as much attack speed on whirling blades as possible as every 0.01 second counts towards escaping from The touch of God and Atziri's circles of inferno.

Alternate gear setup

VIDEO RUNS

The Chosen One on Level 78 Palace Map with 36% increased monster pack size!
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i79UM9xIQkg
Twitch broke down on me right before map end boss transformed to his second form. Take note that I had to return to town to recharge my bleeding removal flasks as the only other way to survive his bleeding skill is through Vaal Pact.

More videos coming your way!

CONCLUSION

I am only at level 84 and I have achieved numbers of 120K damage per second, 4K health points and 10K units of armor. I have yet to touch the Scion life wheel. By level 90, I expect my health points to hit 5K, while my leveled up reave gem should generate about 14K damage per second with the help of other yet to obtain accessories such as Taste of Hate. What would define this build the most from the rest of the crazy Scion builds on this forum would be the low budget of 30 exalted orbs. Other builds either require an end game dagger, legacy Facebreaker, or simply given up on defenses. The intended target audience of this build guide are middle-class and slightly below average players to begin with; those who have to juggle between work and games. Feel free to pass constructive criticism and advice. Enjoy all!

SPECIAL THANKS

Spoiler
-Angel.Wing-The person who brought me to this game
-Guild mates Ian and Duo who constantly map with me
-Everyone who took time to read this post!
Look really nice ! can u post videos of it ? thanks !!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
BRAVERY
The increased evasion and armor is double counted in the calculation for iron reflexes and is necessary for survival [...]

%Armor/EV hybrid nodes do not double dip with IR in the sense that first the EV scaling is applied to your flat EV and then the AR scaling part is applied afterwards to your converted armor rating. The bonus is only applied once, so it has the same effect as a 24% AR node.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
OHHHH! Thanks. i will quickly edit that away.
Alright guys. I just uploaded my first video. It was a fight with the chosen one first form which I perfected!

Twitch broke down before I could stream the rest of the fight, but as you know, his second form is easier.
Hi,

I was looking for a build reave (which remains my favorite melee skill), I think I found =)

Have you had a look at the passive tree 2.0 ?

The worries Desync being adjusted, it could be really great to play.

Thanks for your build.
Well vick666.

Good news is that reave actually will be buffed in the new update, making this build even stronger.
I did have a look at the skill tree, the only change is that a lot of jewel spots pass through the Scion area. I would probably get a lot of defensive jewels to deal with the only weakness of this build, which comes from the bonus damage taken due to Abyssus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info