Skill Suggestion: LINK Support Gem

Just thought about this concept, i don't know if it's doable but here it goes:

Link Support Gem - "Allows the usage of two active skills in a sequence, using less time to execute" Might need a better description. But it would be less time than it would with the two of them separated, and a bit more than it would a single skill.

But the idea consists of for example, linking Heavy strike with Glacial Hammer and the support gem will use one right after the other, the catch is that you have to sacrifice 1 socket to gain the attack effect.

This could allow for instance a flick with a viper strike or dual strike or elemental hit, or all of them to happen almost at the same time, and again, and again, and again, of course with less dmg than you would with dual strike with all of it's support gems.

Woud give some usage possibility for underused active skills also.

Extra content - Has nothing to do with the Link Support Gem, you can ignore if you want to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other skill could be a dash of some sort, just dash to the selected point applying a hit.

And a reverse of leap slam, instead of causing damage on arrival, you cause damage when you leave the ground with your jump, that would be with your head and shoulders or entire body.

Or a Reverse support gem, that reverses the logic or dmg type of the active supported skill. Full fire turns full cold dmg, and so on, chaos becomes bleed, bleed becomes chaos, physical becomes poison and poison becomes physical. Idk if that would work at all. Dmg on arrival becomes dmg on jump, trap explode when launched(at you) or when hit the ground, instead of requiring contact, and other stuff.

Moltem strike would produce frozen balls instead of magma balls, lol.
Last edited by shydo on May 27, 2015, 8:52:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What? First there is that two-skills-activated-in-sequence. I get that. After that you jump to changing skills completly? What am I supposed to comment here? Or did I missunderstand something?

I ignore everything which has nothing to do with the sequence-link-gem.
Some questions:
What happens when I have only one active gem linked to it?
What happens when I have more than two active gems linked to it?
Can I combine attacks and spell skills in one sequence?
How much mana would that cost (multiplied with the mana multiplier)? The cost of both skills? The average of both? The more expensive? The cheaper one? The one I choose to cast first / last?

Linking it to two different elemental skills and elemental equilibriuming (EE) would be awesome.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
What? First there is that two-skills-activated-in-sequence. I get that. After that you jump to changing skills completly? What am I supposed to comment here? Or did I missunderstand something?

I ignore everything which has nothing to do with the sequence-link-gem.
Some questions:
What happens when I have only one active gem linked to it?
What happens when I have more than two active gems linked to it?
Can I combine attacks and spell skills in one sequence?
How much mana would that cost (multiplied with the mana multiplier)? The cost of both skills? The average of both? The more expensive? The cheaper one? The one I choose to cast first / last?

Linking it to two different elemental skills and elemental equilibriuming (EE) would be awesome.

Lol, i understand your point, i got carried away by other possibilities, should have created different topics.

But yes, the link-gem it's just a suggestion to be worked on, i don't know every possible combination, but i can give it a try on your questions, based on what i thought for the Link support skill gem.

Q: What happens when I have only one active gem linked to it?
A: 2 hits of the same skill or it gets no effect, just the bonus speed.
-----------------

Q: What happens when I have more than two active gems linked to it?
A: Maybe a hit combo of skills, like it happens on fighting games, where you get a punch, elbow blow, kick, round house kick and on.
Like, flick+viper strike+dual strike+puncture+lightning strike very fast -> but you get locked in place for the duration of the animation, seems logical.

Maybe when you have only spells it could work as a sequence of spells with less dmg than the original, like a fireball that casts arc from the hit point, that casts ice nova for every enemy it hits and on.
-----------------

Q: Can I combine attacks and spell skills in one sequence?
A: I think that would be nice, like a heavy strike and right after an ice crash, followed by a glacial cascade or ice nova. Or a double strike fireball with lmp or gmp.
-------------------

Q: How much mana would that cost (multiplied with the mana multiplier)? The cost of both skills? The average of both? The more expensive? The cheaper one? The one I choose to cast first / last?
A: Probably the average of both
Last edited by shydo on May 27, 2015, 8:50:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info