Newbie Witch questions

I'm using Whaitiri's Crit Arc Witch quide so i have a goal for gear, and gems and equipment, but I have a couple questions till I can get all those
which is better in a weapon for arc witch, those that increase spell dmg, or elemental dmg
will a wand with 10% spell dmg be better then a mace with 20% elemental dmg, do they stack? if I am duel wielding two maces with 20% ele dmg will I have a total of 40% ele dmg or is it better to mix and match spell with elemental
does these modifiers affect my toon, the weapon or the gems in that weapon only
does base physical dmg of a weapon affect me as a arc witch? does str stat (the guides belts are 'heavy' with str stats)
is there a way to tell if a gem is for weapons or other gear only?

thank you in advance :)
"
xbluu wrote:
I'm using Whaitiri's Crit Arc Witch quide so i have a goal for gear, and gems and equipment, but I have a couple questions till I can get all those
which is better in a weapon for arc witch, those that increase spell dmg, or elemental dmg
will a wand with 10% spell dmg be better then a mace with 20% elemental dmg, do they stack? if I am duel wielding two maces with 20% ele dmg will I have a total of 40% ele dmg or is it better to mix and match spell with elemental
does these modifiers affect my toon, the weapon or the gems in that weapon only
does base physical dmg of a weapon affect me as a arc witch? does str stat (the guides belts are 'heavy' with str stats)
is there a way to tell if a gem is for weapons or other gear only?

thank you in advance :)

Spell damage, elemental damage and lightning damage all apply to arc. If you have different increase modifiers (spell/elemental/lightning) they all get added up and then multiplied with the arc base damage. It therefore doesn't matter if you mix them up.

The weapon base damage is irrelevant for spells. Only attack skills (like reave for melee or tornado shot for bow attacks) use the base damage of your weapon. Look at the tag of a gem whether it says "spell" or "attack".

Physical damage mods don't apply to arc as arc deals 100% lightning damage. This also means that the melee physical damage bonus from strength won't apply to spells (using an iron will support gem can change that). You only benefit from the extra life that strength gives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info