Login screen take long time to load

Hi,

I don't know if this issue has been addressed or not, but I'm experiencing issues of the login screen not showing when i load the game. It'll give me the initial loading page, and can take 2-3 mins sometimes before I see the login screen, and sometimes it'll load my last used character in the game as well before I see the actual gaming screen.

I'm running an i54670, GTX660OC, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250GB SSD, with all the latest drivers and updates installed on Win 7.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Yes it dose...and it's for a reason, it's loading around 1.5 to 1.7 gig of data to ram before starting so when you actualy start playing you won't be having severe pauses.

Try playing with --nopreload as a command line and you'll see that the load times shift from the launch to in game with increased loading between areas, and loading for each new action that happens.

You should be quicker with a SSD, but there are other things to consider with the SSD such as how full it is.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 24, 2015, 4:41:36 AM
I've reinstalled the game, and am still getting the issue where when i start it, I get the loading screen, and it sits at that screen forever. I can hit enter a few times, other keys, and get no response. and by the time the game finally shows on the screen, i'm either still at the login screen, or logged in with one of my characters. Getting pretty annoying that the game won't load and show the login screen right away when it shouldn't take but just a few seconds with the system i have.
Do you have an SSD or have PoE installed on a RAMDisk?

If not, it takes a considerable time to load and it is dependent on the speed of your hard drive access, the fragmentation of the data, and other PC factors.

It's loading gigabytes of stuff into ram, one file at a time. It takes a while.

Don't assume that just because "other games" load fast that PoE will as well. It's an incorrect assumption, and you know what happens when you assume...
Do you hear music before the login screen appears? If so, how long?

I find that if i bounce to task manager a time or two after music starts, it pops up then.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I just had to reinstall Path of Exile, and wait FOREVER for the patches, and when they FINALLY finished, I tried to start the game and instead of getting to the login screen, which I know takes a LONG time, it has me sit there for a few minutes, and then goes to a completely blank black screen that just hangs forever????
I am thoroughly DISGUSTED by this now, and seriously considering not playing anymore until they get their act together at Grind Gear....
WHAT IS WRONG NOW??
Don't necro old threads. Make your own.

When you do, how about you give your PC specs and some details, like the info that's asked for in the stickies, otherwise no one can help as you gave nothing.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
cortni wrote:
I just had to reinstall Path of Exile, and wait FOREVER for the patches, and when they FINALLY finished, I tried to start the game and instead of getting to the login screen, which I know takes a LONG time, it has me sit there for a few minutes, and then goes to a completely blank black screen that just hangs forever????
I am thoroughly DISGUSTED by this now, and seriously considering not playing anymore until they get their act together at Grind Gear....
WHAT IS WRONG NOW??

Same thing happens to me. Waited for the game download to finish and when I open it just takes me to a black screen. I'm playing using Garena as a client by the way.

Specs:
i7-5500U
AMD R5
8 GB RAM
64-bit OS
"
Don't necro old threads. Make your own.

When you do, how about you give your PC specs and some details, like the info that's asked for in the stickies, otherwise no one can help as you gave nothing.

I did not mean to necro anything, this thread was only a couple of months old when I replied....

Also, I have a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 7 64bit with Intel core is2300@ 2,9ghz.
I have 8.00 Gb RAM, but the issues seems to have corrected itself now so it is moot anyway!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info