Calculation question.

So I've doing some mathy things lately.

The interaction between Lightning Arrow and Physical to Lightning interested me. I didn't think it would take the 50% remaining physical and turn it into 60% lightning, I thought it would take half of the remaining physical and do such. Due to this, I have some questions about avatar of fire.

Essentially I just need a confirmation on this logic:

I have 100% increased fire damage

I have 100% increased cold damage

I have Ice Nova supported by Cold to Fire so 50% cold damage/60% fire damage, the cold damage is increased by 100%, the fire damage, due to being converted, is increased by cold and fire, so 200%.

I grab the Avatar of Fire node, converting 50% of my Cold to Fire.

Ice Nova now deals 110% of Cold as Fire damage and all of that damage is filtered through cold and fire nodes, therefore increasing damage by 200%.
Lightning arrow's conversion is just 50%. It doesn't convert 50% physical into 60% lightning.

As for your second question, yes you can stack both cold and fire nodes in that case. However, you may end up squishy. Also, you can just use the Pyre unique ring to convert 100% cold to fire, instead of getting avatar of fire and spending a gem slot.

Elemental conversion can not exceed 100%, anything past that does nothing.
"
Stormquake wrote:
The interaction between Lightning Arrow and Physical to Lightning interested me. I didn't think it would take the 50% remaining physical and turn it into 60% lightning[..]

What it does is Convert the remaining 50% Phys to 50% Lightning, and add 10% of your Base Phys as Lightning. There's two lines :P

That aside: Yes.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

That aside: Yes.

Oho! But now I have another question.

Glacial Hammer converts 50% of physical to cold damage.

If you grab Avatar of Fire with this, will it convert the 50% physical AND the 50% cold to fire damage, therefore making it 100% fire damage? Or will it only convert one side for some reason?
Conversion and Damage Based On always occur on the Base (and add their values to the new Base!), so yes, you will Convert 100% of Physical to Elemental.

(50% to Fire, 50% to Cold of which 50% is Converted to Fire, leading to of 75% Phys as Fire)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info