Gaming Acronyms Explained!

I just wanted to explain, and invite the rest of you to join in with helping me to explain, some of the basic acronyms you see gamers use so that we can all be on the same page and enjoy this experience all the more!

P2W - Pizza (is) Too Wonderful (Because you just ordered a pizza and you have to let everyone know that it is in fact too wonderful)

GTFO - Getting Your Fun On (You just got home from work and it is time to get your fun on! If someone tells you this, most likely they are in a fantastic mood and want you to hang out and game with them!)

RMT - Real Man Trading (This is when you message someone and ask for the price of an item they have for sale, and instead of responding with "offer," they ACTUALLY give you a price for the item, that is some real man trading right there!)

WTF -Way True Friend (This is what someone says when they are in total agreement with whatever just happened or was just said.)

JSP - Japanese Speed Players (What can I say, the Japanese are pros)

Now these are just to get you started I'm sure others out there can help clear up the "true" meaning of many commonly used acronyms that you see out there!

Thanks for all fantastic contributions ahead of time!
Looking for more guild members for races/4 month hc leagues, pm for info
Wow i always thought these meant something else.. Thank you, random exile. I can see the light now!
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on May 19, 2015, 6:45:53 PM
Thx, being not native english speaker I always had problems with those, now I can finally use them properly :-)

And since I recently discovered the meaning of another one, I'll share:

l2p: love to play; in general, someone telling how he is deeply fond of a game; or, more specific, from someone who has just acknowledged your playstile and likes it so much that wants to team up with you.

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
STFU = super tiered free uniques - for those people in standard who are quitting and want to give away all their shavs.
Kappa - used at the end of a nonsensical sentence meaning: kissing a popular person's ass.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I cannot believe forum moderation moved my thread to off topic. I mean seriously, is there anything more ON TOPIC than knowing how to speak the lingo in POE?

I mean when you hit the forums everyone is like, I think my IR FP build is super GG.

But to figure out what any of this means, you have to go to the OFF TOPIC section? I mean what new player is going to go check the off topic section to figure out all of this very important information ~
OP = On par (Being On Par)

GG = Glitter in gold

Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
TL;DR = Totally Legit ; Dropping Respect. This is more a forum thing, it means you read intently every word in the message, and agreed with every thought on a deep and personal level.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
LostForm wrote:
TL;DR = Totally Legit ; Dropping Respect. This is more a forum thing, it means you read intently every word in the message, and agreed with every thought on a deep and personal level.

LoL

"
Kuruguhn wrote:
OP = On par (Being On Par)

GG = Glitter in gold

Too Good

Fantastic stuff
and i thought STFU was "show us that fancy unique"
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(

Report Forum Post

Report Account: