[1.3] Cyclone Discharger *EE* (BM based)

Hello Everybody!
This is the first time i made an own build that i wanted to share. If I'm mistaken in some points feel free to draw my attention to it. I know this build is far from being perfect.
Although I hope you enjoy =)

Made an experimental Skilltree for BM although I'm busy and can't test it

Idea of the Build          

I was fascinated by the cyclone skill ever since i started playing PoE. It allows you to travel while dealing an huge amount of damage all the time. So i played Cocotheone Righteous Fire build for a while. But after seeing some Discharger - mostly mjölner - i wanted to create an fast moving cyclone user which continually casts Discharge. After Browsing a few Times i found mostly Blood magic based Builds with or without insanly expensive gear.
Unfortunatly a Voll's Devotion is mandatory Endgame - though I didn't really try running maps above 70 without it yet.
Current highest possible map clear: 78 Courtyard map - deathless (lvl 85)

Mana or Blood Magic?
Well it depends on your playstile and currency. The Mana based version is cheaper for using Elemental Equilirbrium, and has higher Chance to Crit. The BM version needs no Mana Sustain and is able to deal more Damage

I currently run more the BM version.
Current Highest Map Clear: 78 - Palace - Deathless
Other Notable: 77 Courtyard From Zana:
( Twinned: Area contains two Unique Bosses
Overlord's:Unique Boss deals +30% and attacks 25% faster
Fecund: (33)% increased Monster Life ) - Deathless

As for the build I decided that witch is the best starter due to the spell damage passives at the start
After playing with PoE-builder for a while,I designed some Skilltrees fitting my need. At first I thought the AoE nodes would be great but during leveling i recognized that the area hit by discharge is large enough. Good for this build more points to spent otherwise =)

Pro's&Con's

Pro's

-Good Movement Speed
-Good Clear Speed
-High Elemenatal Damage
-relativly cheap (hardest part is to get the Voll's Devortion)
-Really fun to play
-You got one more Gem slot for not using the Blood Magic Gem

Con's

-Cyclone & Discharge are making high desync
-You die if you stop moving (mind obstacles!)
-You might get kicked out of puplic parties
-Elemental Reflect (without Vaal Pact)
Obviosly can't run maps with:
- Lower Life/Mana Regen. (only Mana Based)
{- Temporal Chains really ruins your flow}

Gear

UPDATE:

I got a some new Items:

I sacrificed some Mana and a bit crit chance (~1%) to cap my resistances without running Purity of Elements and to get obviously more life.

I'm at 4.5+k right now
I decided to run Herald of Thunder with Clarity. I tried to run with Haste or Grace, but then my Mana keeps burning away.
I will alter my Gem Setup, too, because i decided to put my auras in a 3 slot.

Current Gear

I know it's not the best gear but it works pretty fine =)
I haven't rolled my colours well yet, except my chest, which took me all my left chromes.
Please use the suggested colours from the Gem-section below

Estimated Gear value

Most Gear Pieces have a wide range of Prices - like Rainbowstrides. You can get them starting at 1c but most people offer them at 10c. So i try to estimate what the average price is. If you have time you will most likely find something cheaper than I priced.

If i gravely miscalculated please tell me. Especially the Rings i use are hard to price.

Chest 5l = ~ 2ex
Helmet = ~ 10c
Gloves = ~ 18c
Boots = ~ 6c
Dagger = > 1 ex
Shield = 1c
Amulett = ~ 25ex
Rings = ~ 1-2 ex for both
Belt = ~ 10c

Total = about 31-32 Ex

Gear Explained

Voll's Protector

It's necessary to generate enough Power Charges to feed Discharge Power Charge on Crit is also an Option but you loose one Gem slot + it's not even as close as effective as the Chest

Rat's NestMaligaro's Virtuosity

Both are Good Gear to increase your Critical Strike Chance and the Critical Damage + Rat's Nest allows you to move even faster =)

Rainbowstrides

Rainbowstrides got Three good points over Rare Boots. First Movement Speed, Second 20% all Elemental Resistances and Third they are much cheaper then ES boots with the same amount of ES for Mana. But they have no life mod.
The Rare Boots lack of Movement Speed, but they increase my Survivability pretty much. Which is why I prefer using them right now.
However in terms of value and stats Rainbowstrides are good to begin with

Belt

A Rare LeatherBelt with good life and Resistances is a must have, because you don't get much of them with the rest of your Gear unless you are willing to pay MUCH, MUCH money ;)

Saffell's Frame

Saffell's Frame is a very good choice over a Rare Shield, because it gives you A)Spell Damage and B) Max Resistances
If you choose a Rare Shield, look for the following mods : Life,Resistances,Spell Damage

Dagger

As Weapon you basicly want a Dagger with Good Global Crit and APS >1,5.
Crit Multiplier, Spell Damage and Accuracy are the topping on the Cake =)

Voll's Devotion

Do I really need to explain why?
Endurance Charges when using a Power Charge ... you are using TONS of them. Of Both. Get one, really =)

If you can't effort one yet take a rare Amulett with: Life,Resistances,Mana Regen. and Crit strike Chance or Multiplier
i ran around with something like that:

For an alternative way of getting Endurance Charges look at the "Gem" section

Rings

As Rings we want prefarable Diamond Rings with Life, Resistances, Accuracy and DEX

Flasks

I usually use

and switch to the following if needed

NOTE: Due to the lack of Alterations I haven't rolled my Flasks the way I want them yet.
I planned to make Ice/Lightning resistance Pots dispelling Frozen/Shock + recharge on
Crit
Furthermore the Health Pot should dispell bleeding or Curse + recharge on chrit
The Curse Remove has proven important to me. Especially during testing a cheap Gear
Version. The wrong Curse at the wrong time and you're dead.

The Gems i use currently aren't maxed. So my DPS potential isn't fully exploited either
Gems

5l Chest: Cyclone(~lv1) - CoC - Discharge - Additional Accuracy - Increased Critical Strikes/Damage
6l Chest: Cyclone - CoC - Discharge - Additional Accuracy - Increased Critical Strikes/Damage - Life Leech

Gem Explanation

Cyclone, Coc and Discharge are obviosly the Chore Setup of this build
Cyclone can be leveled be leveled but the Mana needed increases. So if you can't sustain your Mana properly i recommend you to use a Cyclone Gem lvl 1
Qualitiy however is Great on all Gems because the increase the AoE of Cyclone as well as Discharge and boost your Critical Strike Chance with Cast on Crit Gem

Increased Critical Strikes or Increased Critical Damage?
It depends on your playstyle and Gear. If you lack Crit. Strike Chance you want the first, for the reason, that the faster you can generate Power Charges the higher is your Damage. But if you are confident with that you can switch to the second one to boost your Damage even more.
I have found another Reason to Pick increased Critical Strikes during leveling. The Mana multiplier. It's much smaller than the one of increased Critical Damage

Additional ACCURACY?
Sounds weird I know but during Testing i hated the lack of hitting the enemy - was at 75% chance at the start. With the Passives and Gear i was able to boost it up to 91% now which is pretty comfortable to me. Plus the Quality increases your Crit.Strike Chance =)
Theoretically you can switch to Faster Attacks but your need of Mana would increase
And a Big Plus: no Mana Multiplier =)

4L Helmet: Reduced Mana - Purity of Elements - Clarity - Herald of Thunder

Gem Explanation

I wasn't able to cap my Resistances fully so I decided to use Purity of Elements in order not waste my precious Mana pool with the 'big' Purities
And with Clarity I am able to nearly continuosly cyclone through maps. Only on long Boss Fights I need to retreat in order to regain my Mana =)
For Blood Rage: it's a good Gem for increasing your DPS but as an elemental Damage Dealer sucks the life leech. Plus you need to run faster because of the Chaos Damage. I warn you to use it during boss fights. You don't kill enough to get good Frenzy charges -> no kill = no Charge = no Life
Seriously just don't use it during boss fights

4L Gloves: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Vaal Summon Skeletons
or
Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting - Vaal Summon Skeletons

Gem Explanation

Which one you use depends on what you want - Whirling Blades with fully leveled Faster Attacks and Culling Strike is a good way to get fast from Point A to Point B plus you can cull Bosses (which can shorten some long fights). With Lightning Warp you can jump around more freely in maps.
Your Choice =)
Vaal Summon Skeletons: Good to buy time, like if you encounter Rogue Exiles or Open a Strongbox, so not all Enemies attack you at once

4l Boots : CWDT - Immortal Call - Elemental Weakness - increased Area of Effect/Increased Duration

Gem Explanation

The CWDT should be Level ~7 so it doesn't trigger all the time and interferres with your 2nd CWDT but still triggers enough to fasten up your map clear speed.
I've choosen Elemental weakness over Warlords Cursemark for a better clear speed, because this build mainly does Elemental Damage and Mobs that have Elemental Resistance slow you down a bit.
Immortal Call: You are a Melee Hero. In short: you can get massive physical Damage. This is a good way to avoid dying without consuming all your Endurance Charges
For the Support Gems: Increased AoE for supporting the Curse and so faster clear speed, Increased Duration to be on the safe side.
I wanted to be fast and hit hard :)

3l Shield : CWDT - Warlord's Mark - Ice Nova

Gem Explanation

The CWDT should be higher then the first one. I Choose lvl 17 so it triggers at 2550 Damage taken. This are roughly 60% of my Life and I'm pretty confident with that. After that it triggers the Curse granting me life leech to fill up my lost health =)
Ice Nova was to slow down the enemies and make it easier to escape or kill.

Food for Thought

If you can't afford a Voll's Devotion it might be a good idea to use a Lvl 1 CWDT with Warlord's Mark to generate more Endurance Charges. However I will test it for the Cheap Gear Folder

3l Weapon: increased Duration - Herald of Thunder - Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste

Gem Explanation

I use this Combos mostly for Boss fights. Grace increases your survivability and Haste makes both Movement and Attack speed going on Rampage. Always fun to trigger =)

As promised I worked on a cheaper Version and came up with something maps (highest possiple yet was 73-canyon) without an 5l and a Voll's Devotion. However I'm still not done testing it yet and so I don't know which maps are good to run and which aren't.
Except the Cells map. Clearing the map without boss is possible. But I only beat the boss deathless one time out of 5 goes

Today i ran nearly every map from 66-70 (mostly white to save up time) I died only once in two maps during boss fights. More under "Mapping"

Cheap Gear

For the Chest I tested two types:

Allowing as to use as a Dagger a Divinarius

or

With Life Leech or an other Gem noted before,good if we have a Good Rare Dagger already. Divinarius still can be used

If our Jewellery doesn't cap our Resistances properly we want a Rare Shield if it does we keep the Saffell's Frame

Helmet,Boots and Gloves

Basicly standart

Daggers

Amulett and Rings and Belt I used

I think on the Amulett Life,Resistances are needed and Accuracy if possible

In the Boot Setup I would additional to Reckoning and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun socket a Curse on Hit and another leveled Warlords Mark

NOTE: I don't know the value of some of my stuff because i simply dropped or alched them. The value of both Gears

Mapping (Cheap Version)

I used the Divinarius with Life Leech linked to Cyclone. After that i swapped the lvl 1 CWDT-Warlord's Curse Mark with lvl 1 CWDT-Assassin's Mark in order to up the chance to crit.
I did so, because i thought, the Endurance Charges are nearly instantly consumed and aren't generated fast enough. Furthermore due to the Life Leech Gem I had the feeling, the Leech is high enough anyways. The Trigger however seemed to take forever so i wanted to shorten the periods between the Discharges.
Furthermore we get more Damage and so more Leech in addition to more Power Charges.

Some Map information:

Map Bosses I died one time on a run:
Overgrown Shrine, Graveyard. For Merveil keep at least 2 Unfreeze Saphire Flasks. I died because I ran out of unfreeze with her Health <10%
Spring - 68: The boss fight wasn't actually hard but it took forever due to her high elemental Resistance + she runs away all the time.
Maps that were good to farm were Tunnel and Bog.

Now the interesting Part...
Skill Tree

Feel free to alter the Skill Tree or pick some Dex Nodes if needed.

I play now with Elemental Equilibrium and i think this might be a good idea to boost your Damage even if you haven't got a Voll's Devotion. Simply Run instead of herald of Thunder Herald of Ice. Also works fine if you got Voll's Devotion :)
-50% Monster resistances is A W E S O M E

Bandits

Oak,Kraityn,Alira

I switched to Cyclone on lvl 70. This was the point my accuracy was high enough so I could kill stuff, before stuff killed me ;)
Leveling and Planned

NOTE: The leveling Tree is for using Arc as leveling skill.
I used Tabula Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Penetration - increased Critical Damage
If you want to use an other Skill than Lightning based ones skip the lightning Passives
and use them as you want, they are respeced later on anyways ;)
Spectral Throw CoC might be a good alternative, too.

Mapping&Stuff

Tactics

When encountering a mob use your Jade Flask and Quicksilver Flask in Order to get to the most dangerous pack - such as Voidbearer or Undying Alchemist. The Rest is practice. Use your HP Flasks if you see your life dropping and spam "/oos" all the time. The only thing that killed me so far was desync.
Furthermore it's important sometimes not to run straight into a mob. Mostly if there is chaos Damage/Curses or Slowing Stuff like Frozen Ground.
I always have an Remove Curse Flask with me to instantly dispel them, because they can cause you a lot of troubles.

For Bosses: If you don't feel confident, run Vaal grace and use Vaal Summon Skeletons.
Most Boss fights require a bit of practice and the right Flasks but until lvl 75 i hadn't had real troubles.

What might help against Crematorium Boss:

Joining Public Parties

Most People don't like having a Discharger in their Party for obvious reason. The first is that you deal a lot of Damage and so get the main EXP, which troubles most hosts. The other reason is that you can simply chrash other PC's due to the discharge grafic effects
To avoid being kicked use Ice Nova with increased AoE instead of Increased Crit.Strike
So you can Perma freeze everything =)
Special Thanks to BullitD3 who came up with that in his The WayneTrain© build

Fun Suff

BEST: Remove Elemental Equillibrium if you're not running Fireball + Arctic Breath.
You can make this build either an ST, by linking Spectral Throw - GMP - CoC - Spell 1 - Spell 2
or you can make it an Barrage-CoC.
Not the best but I used this:

For Furhter Information - Especially which Wand - Check http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114453

Although I said, I don't like BM I decided to try it out.
The Result is pretty good i think:

BM-Version

To Trigger Elemental Equillibrium you need one Gear Piece giving your Cyclone Elemental Damage. Cold Damage would be best, Lightning Damage the worst. If you can't achieve one run an Herald of Ice but beware it lowers your life now!

Gear

Gems

6l Chest:

Basicly from the Mana based Version.

Helmet:

Gloves:

Boots:

Dagger:

Shield:

Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D16-5MszLRLR8EB0VHlSCD28BmwfNVxgSzoqM6WKIAf8bwH-FzEZaaOwcekBsOSIKblS5wVg3RXfLsOPDVmhNjQ3DVOtgpT0lR29SJ0ycvAZFrt3BSkFUt0oV9KgsaOPPqWfO1SKyqbWxyqed0Nj0Pq_cy6NbssJ2qFr8ki5J96hgFtYwLYqxsjCaVwzrcI_jrjb-5fGHiKjiYbxRxUUfUI1VL5c8OPOdUMHwwcYw2378k_Y193ajbT__eI_ZLeODDTZI6QiW8

Screen Shot's

With Buffs

Without Buffs

Screen Shot's

Without Buffs

With Buffs

Last edited by 7Days2Death on Jul 15, 2015, 11:18:48 AM
"
7Days2Death wrote:

As Weapon you basicly want a Dagger with Good Crit and Spell Crit.
Crit Multiplier, Attack Speed, Spell Damage and Accuracy are the topping of the Cake =)

I have to disagree here. The most important stats are the crit of the dagger and its attack speed.
The only time i would accept lower values here are if they came along with vagan "can't be evaded" dagger.
A 40% global crit with 1.50+ attack speed always gives your discharge more dps than an 80/1.2. Triggered casts per second is just the most important thing.

I also don't get why you leveled cyclone.
The damage of your initial hit really doesn't matter compared to the discharge. Your attack is just there to trigger the spell.
Using an unleveled cyclone (with some elreon jewelry) cuts back your mana costs so you don't have to take all those reduced skill costs in the tree. Though i have to admit if mana were an issue, using spectral throw/barrage would be top choice instead.
"
"
"
7Days2Death wrote:

As Weapon you basicly want a Dagger with Good Crit and Spell Crit.
Crit Multiplier, Attack Speed, Spell Damage and Accuracy are the topping of the Cake =)

I have to disagree here. The most important stats are the crit of the dagger and its attack speed.
The only time i would accept lower values here are if they came along with vagan "can't be evaded" dagger.
A 40% global crit with 1.50+ attack speed always gives your discharge more dps than an 80/1.2. Triggered casts per second is just the most important thing.

I also don't get why you leveled cyclone.
The damage of your initial hit really doesn't matter compared to the discharge. Your attack is just there to trigger the spell.
Using an unleveled cyclone (with some elreon jewelry) cuts back your mana costs so you don't have to take all those reduced skill costs in the tree. Though i have to admit if mana were an issue, using spectral throw/barrage would be top choice instead.

Thx for the Input my thought about that were, that the more crit as well weapon as well Spell the better the chance of getting Power Charges. I leveled the Cyclone for no particular reason at all to be honest. I know that the higher the Level is, the higher is the Mana Cost.

May I ask if you would prefer this
over the one i use right know? i just dropped it and didn't have the chance of testing it
"
7Days2Death wrote:

May I ask if you would prefer this
over the one i use right know? i just dropped it and didn't have the chance of testing it

The base crit is 10% lower but with 40% more attack speed you should trigger spells ~30% more often per second (accuracy being near the same). That should still result in a higher dps though you loose 3.2% crit chance on your discharge.

"
The base crit is 10% lower but with 40% more attack speed you should trigger spells ~30% more often per second (accuracy being near the same). That should still result in a higher dps though you loose 3.2% crit chance on your discharge.

Thanks again for the quick answer =) I think i will switch my Dagger.
For the Cyclone Gem. I switched to a level 1 in order to test it on the cheap version. Now my mana Sustain is high enough to run without clarity. Didn't thought it would do that much of a Difference. Maybe because I run currently a 4l but it time show
I'm currently running a BM CoC discharger. Easier with cyclone cost but i don't use auras cause of BM.
You are using a mana based cyclone CoC discharger but i didn't see any aura in your guide, why ?
If you got mana - and cyclone cost reduction -, use it for something more useful than spinning all along a map.

Edit : Running haste could be awesome, you need more attack speed
Last edited by Lhansk on May 20, 2015, 5:36:21 AM
"
I'm currently running a BM CoC discharger. Easier with cyclone cost but i don't use auras cause of BM.
You are using a mana based cyclone CoC discharger but i didn't see any aura in your guide, why ?
If you got mana - and cyclone cost reduction -, use it for something more useful than spinning all along a map.

Edit : Running haste could be awesome, you need more attack speed

Sorry if that's not clear enough in the build description. It's under "Gems" noted for the Helmet. If you think it should be made more clearly just write it down =)
I'm running two Auras: Clarity and Purity of Elements.
I can abandon clarity but I would need to switch my flasks to a Surgeon Mana Flask, because I will definetly hit a point during mapping where I'm all out of mana. So in order to clear a map faster I decided to run clarity. Especially during Boss fights where I mostly cycle in a close range around bosses my mana literally drops without clarity.
And the Purity of Elements is necessary for me because otherwise i can't cap my resistances properly.
For the APS you mention. I was running another dagger I alched today

It boosted my Cyclone's APS to 2.2 with 90% chance to hit on a 60% chance to crit (no Buffs) and 85,9 (6 Power Charges)

If i could overcome my need for clarity and the purity, I admit Haste would be a good choice as well as Grace. For both I'd need better Gear, but I decided to save up my money to buy a 6l Voll's.

During testing the cheap version today i expirienced that I can cut down my mana a bit more by using Herald of Thunder in Addition. But only because the Amulett I use has an Mana leech mod.

Last edited by 7Days2Death on May 20, 2015, 4:38:21 PM
And don't forget that Voll's Protector cut your mana pool by half.
"
And don't forget that Voll's Protector cut your mana pool by half.

Yeah, you're right with that, you deal so much more damage with that. And as far as I know it's the best way for generating Power Charges. so I have to deal with that ;)
A Vagan dagger should be the next goal for your build for sure! The Vagan daggers are THE best dagger hands down you can get for this type build! i run an Evasion variant and the difference is unreal!

And because its such a strong upgrade what i did was got as many vagan daggers as i could get my hands on and Regaled then all until i got a decent roll (Look for a ANY usable prefix preferably a good spell roll) then from there simply multimod IAS,Crit,and Lightning Leech and whatever else for the 4th mod and you have a solid dagger and the procs will go through the roof!

This is the one i run right now (I ended up just buying this one because i ran out of patience to roll my own! But now i have a tab full of Vagan daggers so ill be making something better soon!) its certainly nothing special but for what it does i wouldnt even think of the other dagger you show just because theres no way they even come close and this is a shitty one!
AXN ofcourse has one thats the best your gonna get but its just overkill! LOL
Even with the low Crit chance i still end up at 93% crit with my charges up so 2% off from cap works just fine! If i was to have one rolled with 9.5%+ crit then i could actually give up some crit nodes since im point starved on mine!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 24, 2015, 4:08:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info