Elemental Puncture/TS Ranger [1.3.1h]

Hello everyone

This is a quick guide for my Elemental Puncture/Tornado Shot Ranger.

I'm offering free uber & normal Atziri service as well. You don't have to pay any fee and all loot is yours, except Mirror or Mjolner. If one of these drop, we're going to share 50/50.

Uber: In case of Acuity or Disfavour drop, you take the item and pay me 15ex (Acuity) or 2ex (Disfavour).

Normal If Hope drops, you can decide either I keep it and I'll give u 4ex for it or you keep it and you'll give me 2ex.

I'm always streaming my runs on www.twitch.tv/domshot. When we're in a party, you just join my hideout, give me your set and wait until everything is dead. After clearing uber/normal I'll return with your loot.

If you're interested, hit me up ingame: PiDom

To the guide

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Please note that you don't need expensive gear like mine to be able to build ur ranger. You can use life leech without acuities/godly bow or you can get it on gear which is the best option imho (as the tree does not provide enough leech alone with a normal bow).

A bow with ~350pDPS is already enough to be able to clear lvl78 maps without issuses. It's just very important to use a Harbingers Bow (for the critchance base) and a physical dmg only, because the guide will convert the physical dmg from the bow to elemental dmg.

As single target attack, I'm using puncture over frenzy because with a high critchance base and a moving target (which most bosses are) it adds more dps than frenzy. But if you didn't get all critchance nodes on tree or enough on gear to reach 90%+, it's better to use frenzy (nice sideeffect of frenzy..it also buffs your tornado shot).

Here is the link to my tree (lvl95)

You will want to get projectile dmg, attackspeed and life nodes while leveling. Critnodes will get more important in a higher level but they don't add much in lower level and with a low critchance based bow. Important key nodes for my build are ondar's guile, acrobatics and phase acrobatics. Get ondar's guile asap and then move up to acrobatics and phase acrobatics.

The Bandits rewards are pretty simple. Take +40 life at normal difficulty, then +18% phyiscal dmg on cruel and +1 power charge (or skillpoint) on merciless. I opted my gear, so I reach 95% critchance with 4 power charges. The reason you can also go for the skillpoint on merciless is, you can get more critchance than I have on gear and be able to hit 95% with only 3 power charges. Up to you:)

For midgame leveling, I recommend using a Death's Harp bow because it has a decent physical dmg base and a good critchance base as well.

My gear
Spoiler

Flasks are important when it comes down to encounter reflect mobs. I use an atziri's promise to convert some of my dmg to chaos dmg and more importantly get 10% leech on that part. The other flask is a topaz flask with increased evasion rating which increases our chance to evade projectiles. The topaz flask is used because most of the dmg is lightning (from physical to lightning gem) and the +10% to max lightning resistance is really needed when your dmg is getting higher.

Gem setup

Puncture/Frenzy
4L: lifeleech + physical proj. attack dmg + faster attacks
5L: + physical to lightning or added fire dmg
6L: + increased critical dmg (swap out lifeleech with weapon ele dmg if you have enough leech on gear)

Tornado Shot
4L: life gained on hit + physical proj. attack dmg + lesser multiple proj. (swap out lmp with gmp while getting more dmg)
5L: + physical to lightning or added fire dmg
6L: + increased critical dmg (swap out life gained on hit with weapon ele dmg if you have enough leech on gear)

Auras
I use hatred with herald of ash and herald of thunder. Herald of thunder is linked to reduced mana + curse on hit + assassin's mark. The reason for this setup is I'm too lazy to cast assassin's mark manually. Assassin's mark is the best curse for critbuilds because it also gives power charges for free.

To keep me safe from physical dmg (due to almost 0 armour from acrobatics) I use cast when dmg taken + enduring cry + immortal call. This grants me usually around 2 secs immunity to physical dmg which is enough to kill the pack.

Besides the above mentioned gems, I use blink arrow for movement and vaal haste for bossfights (when you really need a few seconds of burst, it adds huge dps).

I will add screenshots of my tooltip dps and some videos of the gameplay lateron.

Thank you very much for your attention. I'd be happy to receive some feedback. If you have any further questions, post it here in thread or pm me here or ingame (PiDom).
Last edited by domLeaw on May 29, 2015, 7:14:37 AM
friendly, very fast clear and trustful guy :)
Last edited by virut on May 16, 2015, 11:57:08 AM
Top guy , great service and does what he says on runs ,He is a guy to be trusted.
this guys twitch was linked to me for a few of his runs and its a dam nice build quick clear and strong pew pew
You should write on the title Mirror Based.
put on your self 350pdps(avarage bow) bow and test your build effectiveness
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
"
ment2008 wrote:
You should write on the title Mirror Based.
put on your self 350pdps(avarage bow) bow and test your build effectiveness

That's a good idea actually. I'll try to get a hold on a 350 pdps bow and I'll test the effectiveness of my build. When I was leveling, I used a 300 pdps bow but didn't use the physical to lightning gem, so my dps was mostly physical and with 1-2% more leech on gear, leveling was a charme. I tried to mention the situation with a lower dps bow above but maybe not enough detailled.

Thank you for your input. I'll plan to upload some videos using my build with a 350 pdps bow to give you my feedback.
"
virut wrote:
friendly, very fast clear and trustful guy :)

Thank you mate:)
"
Top guy , great service and does what he says on runs ,He is a guy to be trusted.

thank you very much:)
"
Turlough51 wrote:
this guys twitch was linked to me for a few of his runs and its a dam nice build quick clear and strong pew pew

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you liked my stream and my strong pew pew;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info