How would you compare Marvel Heroes to POE?

It was designed by the man who made Diablo 2. But does not feel like Diablo.

How would you guys consider the builds etc to Marvel Heroes?

Or for the very least how would you compare Marvel Heroes to Diablo 3?

Reason I am asking is cause I want to try it but don't want it to be a waste of my bandwidth
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Mh is one of the worst ARGs Ive ever had the misfortune of spending 40 hrs on.
Marvel Heroes = shit

PoE = great
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Well I dont do cartoons I prefer gritty medieval fantasy look so never tried it an never will.
Git R Dun!
"
FadeXF wrote:
I was very very disappointed with Marvel Heroes. With Brevik at the helm, I actually expected so much more than what was put out. The most disappointing aspect was for sure the loot, but mostly overall the whole game is really awful. It's not even top 10 ARPG material to be honest. And I'm not just saying this from the vantage of a POE forum - I really enjoy most ARPGs, including D3 for example. MH simply isn't even on the same level as any ARPG out there right now.

A friend of mine says he played Marvel Heroes and it was terrible.

He says it has soooo many changes and items added into the game that if you were to only take a 1 month break and come back you would be totally lost.

He also say its Pay to Win and that heroes are designed in such a way that you will never want to play it once you reach max level, as this is to sell more heroes since thats where their revenue comes from.

To me this seems like a horrible idea, spend so much time farming and leveling your hero only to be a total waste because David wants you to get tired and toss away your hero so you can use your credit card to buy a different hero.

I mean there are so called end game items that nobody wants to farm because they are completely NOT worth it. I have heard stories of how horrible it is to have to deal with 1 million different items. Really not sounding like the type of game for me.

I honestly expected way better considering the person who was behind Marvel Heroes.

Last edited by TriniGamer on May 15, 2015, 12:07:54 AM
Also the whole cartoon thing is one thing, its marvel after all.

But if you watch videos of that game, the most played maps, Mid town madness and X Defense are very bright.

Its sooo bright that if you do spells the colors and effects are totally washed out. Only a handful of places are dark like castle doom etc.

Looks exactly like if you are playing "Kim Kadashian part 2"

I tried to play it in the beta and once again after launch. Lord how I tried. On two different computers.

The first time I could not even play because of technical issues. The second time, I got to the end of the intro stage before crashing, possibly it was a complete computer lock, the unforgivable type of crash.

That I had to use Steam instead of their client just to patch... argh.

So I have no idea how it stacks up, really.

I don't think the theme is ideal - narrow power sets, no gore (important, as this genre is designed to tap into the hunter-gather male brain), and no visual gear upgrades. Though it wouldn't have made as much money, I'd have gone for a Hellboy-esque self-owned IP instead.

It would be cool if they could get DC and Image characters in it someday, but, meh.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on May 15, 2015, 1:47:18 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
It was designed by the man who made Diablo 2.

One guy that worked on whatever in Diablo 2 team means absolutely NOTHING. Diablo is not what it is because of one guy sitting at Blizz.
Just look at Torchlight.
;)
Much Blizzard.
Very Diablo.
Not really.
To put it simply:
-: "serious" gamers will prefer POE because you have to invest a lot more time into each character.
-: casual gamers will prefer Marvel Heroes because it's action packed right from the start and emphasize rerolling (every char works with no item dependancy, but game can feel easy).

MH is a good game. But asking here is a terrible idea. Most people here are theorycrafter/min-maxer/hardcore gamers who despise the idea of bringing a char to max level and reroll "shortly" after. In MH, the "endgame" becomes repetitive and boring quite fast while the leveling is fun and diverse. In PoE, it's the contrary.

I don't want to develop more right now, but this is the core difference gameplay wise.

edit: maybe my post sounds like I prefer MH. This is not the case. I like both but I played POE a lot more, which should say something. But you can find some good fun in MH like I did. It really depends on what you look for.
Last edited by polimeris on May 15, 2015, 2:34:31 AM
I was digging MH for a little bit, never really got into it tho. I would have played more of it but the launcher was messed up for me, everytime they did some update I'd have to re-install the game and never played it again.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info