The new screaming demon MTX is horrible

The addition of screaming demons into nearly every town instance has greatly reduced my enjoyment of the game. There is nothing I can do about this annoying sound, aside from something that hurts the game even further like disabling sound.

Here are some helpful suggestions to make the game suck less for people like me who don't want to be constantly inundated by annoying demon screams every time we're in town:

1: Get rid of the annoying screams entirely.
2: Give us an option in the settings to disable annoying demon screams. I get that you typically don't do this in order to sell more MTX effects, but this one's so bad that I'd really appreciate an exception.
3: Make the demon screams an ambient sound (this also goes for tons of other sounds in the game that are clearly ambient sounds). If you make it so only non-ambient sounds actually count as non-ambient sounds, I'll be able to turn off non-essential sounds and still hear orbs dropping and exiles casting auras.
4: Give us a way to avoid ever going into towns. I'm fine portaling into my hideout and giving the act 3 busts to Catarina if I have to in order to avoid terrible microtransaction effects.

I'm sure there are some fantastic options I didn't list to restore the game at least partially to its previous state with one less terrible sound.

This same sort of mistake was made with the Beyond lightning guys and their incredibly annoying RAGHU RAGHU RAGHU non-stop screaming that was also awful to listen to. Please stop putting terrible and annoying sounds in the game. If you absolutely must put terrible and annoying sounds in the game, please give us a way to disable them.

Letting people pay money to buy something that looks dumb as hell makes the game tacky, but isn't a game killer. Selling something that makes such a terrible sound constantly that I can't even let my character stand in town while I check poe.trade is much worse. I use a macro to immediately go to my hideout now whenever I use a portal. Please don't make me keep doing this. I want to sell things to Leo, but I don't want my ears violated constantly by terrible sounds while I do so.
Yeah...

These are pretty freaking annoying to be honest.

Lowering the volume to normal levels would go a long way.

[Removed by Support]
Noblesse oblige
Last edited by Brian_GGG on May 14, 2015, 3:22:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info