[ 1. 3] / [ 2.0 Viable] Resolute Technique Kinetic Blast Shadow.

Preface

Hi everyone, first of all I would like to say a big thanks to Mathil whose guides have a profound impact in my build. The passives that he made for his legendary Elemental Buzzsaw have made alot of different RT builds viable with different skills.

I wouldn't exactly say this is a guide, it is more like an extension from Mathil's Ele Buzzsaw guide which I experimented with, that made this a very fun and interesting build. I wouldn't say this is original but you guys can give it a try and let me know how you feel about it.

I will try to make this "guide" short and simple so you don't have to read too much into it.
Please bear in mind that I have the up and coming Act 4 and the change of game and gem mechanic in mind when I am writing this particular guide.

Current Gear Setup.

90% of my gears are self found and crafted.

Current Flask Setup

Why Resolute Technique Elemental Kinetic blast

Spoiler
I have always wanted a wander since I started playing open beta a few years back.
However due to the crazy prices of gears to make a Power Siphon wander work, I have never gotten into one until Version 1.3 where the game introduced two new skill gems Tornado Shot and Kinetic Blast.

Kinetic blast have an extremely good AOE clearance but when it comes to single targets, it tend to lag behind skills like tornado shot which excels both in AOE and Single Target. However that can be rectified with smart use of Frost Wall or Frost Wall Totem .

Principles behind this Build.

Movement Speed.
Resolute Technique.
Elemental Damage
Frost Wall Totem for Defense / Offensive.
Massive AOE / Clear Speed.
Lightning Wrap for obstacles I.E Dock Runs
Cheap and attainable.
Fast leveling Speed.

Pros

Resolute Technique : No need for accuracy
Kinetic Blast : One of the best AOE clearance skill in the game
Elemental Based : Because cheap.
Reflect : Not a problem since we don't crit.

Cons

Single Target : Can be annoying but problem solved using frost wall.
Atziri : Not Uber Atziri Viable ( Build cost less than 5 Exalts what do we expect.)

Character Information

Leveling Process

I follow Mathil's Ele Buzzsaw leveling process fervently with minimal changes.

For my minimal changes in passives please refer to my passive links below.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708

Current Passive link at lvl 90

However please note that you can start mapping as early as level 75 - 80 with a 5 Linked Body.

Bandit Quests

Normal : Help Oak ( 40 HP )
Cruel : Help Kraityn ( 8% Attack Speed )
Merciless : Kill All

PS : You can choose to help Oak or Kill all in Normal. Personally I took the passive point in normal.

Version 1.3 Gear, links and Gems

Spoiler
Gears to look out for

Helm : Alpha's Howl is a necessity, cost around an exalt or less not a unattainable piece of gear.

Weapon : Craved or Engraved Wand, These are the only 2 wands that gives a 1.5 APS base speed.
Mods on Wands can be crafted. All you need is minimal 1 high Elemental Damage preferably Lightning and a attack speed mod of more than 10 to make it work, other mods are basically bonus.

To get these mods, just Alt and Regal till you get something decent.

If you get enough INT mods you , Imbued Wands will be available for you.

Shield : High Evasion or Armor and Evasion with Life and Resist.

Body : High Evasion or Armor and Evasion with Life and Resist , Minimal 4 Linked

Gloves and Boots : One of your gear between these two have to be an Armor / Eva piece so as to get the right colours for a RRBB setup.

Belt : Leather Belt , WEP mods / life and resists.

Rings and Amulets : Rings wise, go Gold Rings and Gold Amulets for the MF obviously. Otherwise get Coral rings and STR / INT Amulets or INT Amulets. Mods to look out for in your Amulets / Rings are : WEP DMG / life / Flat Ele DMG / Resists / Evasion mods / Attack Speed Mods( For Rings ).

Version 1.3 Gem and links

Body Gem Colours : RRRGGB OR RRRGBB

Body 4 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic
Body 5 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic > Life Leech
Body 6 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic > Pierce or Faster Attacks ( Item Rarity for Magic Find or Item Quantity if you play in standard league )

Helm RRGB : Reduced Mana > Wrath > Anger and Haste

Weapon RRB : Blood Magic > Reduced Duration > Lightning Wrap.

Shield RGB : Blood Magic > Elemental Weakness > Vaal Haste / Smoke mine

Gloves and Boots : One of them have to be an ARM / EVA to get the colours of RRBB for your frost totem setup.

I.E in my setup

Gloves RRBB : Blood Magic > Spell Totem > Frost Wall > Faster Casting.

Boots : Reduced Mana > Herald of Ice > Vaal Summon Skeles > Vaal Haste or Vaal Grace

Version 2.0 New Patch.

Spoiler
As we all know the up and coming patch is going to do some significant changes to a very important gem in our arsenal Reduced Mana.

Some of you might think it is going to take a huge hit on our DPS or completely ruin the build.

Do not worry, we have all gone through these before with the wrath / anger aura nerfs for those who have experienced it.

It might have some impact in other builds but not for this particular build. In any case, it might even be a buff.

We will lose one Herald , basically Herald of Ice however it will have insignificant impact on this build to be honest.

Gear / gems / link suggestion for Version [3.0]

I will indicate in Bold to the changes I will make to make this just as viable as before.

The passive trees remains the same with no changes, just a little gear and gem tweak will do the wonders.

Body Gem Colours : RRRGGB OR RRRGBB ( NO CHANGE )

Body 4 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic
Body 5 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic > Life Leech
Body 6 Link : Kinetic Blast > GMP > WEP DMG > Blood Magic > Pierce or Faster Attacks ( Item Rarity for Magic Find or Item Quantity if you play in standard league )

Helm RRGB : Empower > Wrath > Anger and Haste ( Reduced Mana Changed to Empower )

Weapon RBB CHANGED : Blood Magic > Elemental Weakness > Summon Skeles.

Shield GGG CHANGED : Vaal Haste > Smoke Mine > Vaal Grace.

Gloves and Boots CHANGED: For Version 2.0 you will need 2 ARM / EVA Gloves and Boots to get the right colours of RRBB.

I.E My Suggested Setup

Gloves RRBB : Blood Magic > Spell Totem > Frost Wall > Faster Casting.

Boots : Blood Magic > Lightning Wrap > Faster Casting > Reduced Duration

Mapping.

I can manage up to level 78 Maps easily without any problems.
As for Normal Atziri, I haven't done it yet , but I do wish someone would. I doubt it will be a problem at all.

Map Mods to avoid.

Blood Magic.
Elemental Reflect
Minus Max

However I do sometimes do Minus Max maps if i get the -15 or -16 Max Rolls. I can still deal with those.

For Half Regen and No Regen Mods , I just put in a LGOH gem and it will work.

Map Mods that I do not like to do but can be done with this build.

Temporal Chains
Chilled Ground.

These are annoying mods to me thats all.

Videos

Dominus MF Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaBANWqHMzU

Level 74 Gorge Map

Coming Soon

Level 75 Plateau Map

https://youtu.be/_Swd1yEMIw0

Level 77 Shipyard Map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spPrY4OghBQ

Level 78 Courtyard Map

Coming Soon.

I hope you guys like my build and please comment and visit my videos when they are up and give suggestions and insights for me to improve it further.

Thank You.

IGN : Cool_Hamster ( Standard )

Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Last edited by chosk80 on May 13, 2015, 9:18:49 PM
Updated with new videos
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
No one knows if buzzsaw will be viable in 2.0 Any change that results in loosing 1+ aura(s)/herald is a big deal for an aura build.

BTW it is enlighten not empower that has reduced mana now although no one knows to what extend as no one has seen a lvl 4 enlighten in cb.
Maybe enlighten gets changed back and nothing replaces reduced mana, maybe mana reservation gets another change, maybe tree passives get changed, who knows?

As long as things are in a constant flux in cb it is too early to call enything viable/buffed/nerfed for 2.0.

Even with those reservations: Still picking ondar's guile in 2.0 seems a bold move.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
No one knows if buzzsaw will be viable in 2.0 Any change that results in loosing 1+ aura(s)/herald is a big deal for an aura build.

BTW it is enlighten not empower that has reduced mana now although no one knows to what extend as no one has seen a lvl 4 enlighten in cb.
Maybe enlighten gets changed back and nothing replaces reduced mana, maybe mana reservation gets another change, maybe tree passives get changed, who knows?

As long as things are in a constant flux in cb it is too early to call enything viable/buffed/nerfed for 2.0.

Even with those reservations: Still picking ondar's guile in 2.0 seems a bold move.

High Bada, lets just keep our fingers cross on this. I know about the enlighten gem and it's new mechanics.

However It was empower that I was specifically referring to. However I will need to edit a little on the guide because I found the 2.0 Aura calculation on reddit and it doesn't work on 2.0 even after taking out herald of Ice.

In regards to 2.0 I read on reddit that kinetic blast is getting a little boost and with the passive tree that Mathil made for his ele buzzsaw, we are going to get at least 3 jewel slots and potentially 4 jewel slots to play with.

That might really help the buzzsaw build and in return this build.

After taking out herald of Ice from my current setup my DPS actually dropped about 8k plus to 7.5k.

At 7.5 K i was still clearing level 75 Maps and up easily, so it is not a huge problem. I will re edit some of my notes to reflect on this as soon as I get home.

Thank you for your insights.
Regards
"
However please note that you can start mapping as early as level 75 - 80 with a 5 Linked Body.

What do you mean by this? That the build can only start mapping at about level 75?

Considering you're RT, would another class (e.g. Scion) be a better choice?
"
madmooseman wrote:
"

What do you mean by this? That the build can only start mapping at about level 75?

Considering you're RT, would another class (e.g. Scion) be a better choice?

Hi bro, I haven't had a chance to try it on a scion yet since I do not have a toon, there for I cannot answer that question with any credible insight.

I tried doing 66 - 68 maps on my level 78 shadow which I had one lying around previously with full respec passives. It work pretty smooth with just a random 5 linked armor that I had lying around. That was what I meant by starting to map as early as level 75.

If I am not specific on this point, I apologize.
Regards
Okay, it's just that L75 is a bit lower than most builds start maps (in my experience).
Please provide a 2.0 tree :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info