Exile Tools Ladder Track: A UI overlay that shows your current ladder rank

A couple of months ago I released this simple UI overlay to /r/pathofexile on Reddit, but I never posted it here - time to change that!

Introducing Ladder Track: A simple UI overlay that will show your current rank and progress in a league, updated every ~10min via my Ladder API.

You can download and read more about this macro here: http://exiletools.com/laddertrack.html

Please read the page in detail for help configuring the positioning of the overlay, some of the options for hiding it, and some common problems that may appear.

Note that some users who play without vsync may notice FPS drops to ~60FPS because the overlay uses an ActiveX window that is part of the Windows Desktop, and thus will sync to the desktop refresh rate. Some players have indicated enabling Aero performance fixes this, but in general these kinds of overlays may perform weird without vsync enabled.

Nearly 1,000 players have used this overlay and I serve 30,000+ hits/day to it!

FAQ's and other bits:

Why does it only update every 10 minutes? GGG doesn't provide a very good way to get at ladder information. The process is very clumsy, so I can't pull it all frequently. There would be no need for my API if they provided a good one!

Does it work in races? I do not mirror race ladders for my API currently, it's just not worth it for short duration races.

Sometimes it says my character isn't found randomly. This can happen sometimes when your character moves between ladder update pages during a global fetch - if you are rank 201 when I fetch 1-200, but get enough XP to become level 200 before I fetch 201-400, you might disappear for that update. One of many ugly side effects of GGG's API.

I get weird AHK errors starting it up. Use AHK from ahkscript.org not autohotkey.com. The latter is way out of date.

What league name should I use? Check the Ladder API documentation for league names. Just scroll down to the "Active Leagues" section.
Pete's Simple Path of Exile Tools: http://exiletools.com
Item Price Lookup Macro, Ladder API, Price API, League Reports, Item Reports, and more!
i follow reddit closely and i never saw on it ,good job, i love it
top kek
"
pwx wrote:
A couple of months ago I released this simple UI overlay to /r/pathofexile on Reddit, but I never posted it here - time to change that!

Sometimes it says my character isn't found randomly. This can happen sometimes when your character moves between ladder update pages during a global fetch - if you are rank 201 when I fetch 1-200, but get enough XP to become level 200 before I fetch 201-400, you might disappear for that update. One of many ugly side effects of GGG's API.

Nice.
I gather that it is indeed not possible to fetch a complete list of ladder, so you have to do it in chunks. Is that correct?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info