Question: Why not patch in QoL changes before 2.0 launch?

I was wondering about this for some time, why not patch in stuff like Item Filter and Lockstep once they are deemed functional and stable inside the CB.

It spoils 0 of the new content, has no relation to balancing at all and would make waiting for the end of beta a lot bearable.

Any thoughts? :P
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 11, 2015, 3:18:44 PM
Good question :D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
I only brought this up because i see no other reason to delay item filters and QoL changes to the main game other than to have it in the 2.0 patch notes ._.
Last edited by Mannoth on May 11, 2015, 3:27:28 PM
Because of possible bugs and problems that can happen.
Pleeeeeaaaaase :3

Ugh effort
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

Thus the "once they are deemed functional and stable inside the CB." part.
As far as i know some of the QoL changes are working perfectly inside the beta.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

That's sadly not how it works.

The CB itself is a giant mess of code, similar to any other giant mess of code. The whole thing needs to be stable at once, and is necessarily cohesive at that point. Attempting to take out part of the code (say, the code just for loot filters) and injecting it into the live realm would, itself, be a potential source of new bugs. They'd need to allocate additional resources for alpha testing "just this change, on the live code base", before they could safely deploy it to the live realm. And I do not think they presently have those resources, which are being dedicated to the beta right now.

When they finally push the beta into live, they will either (a) be directly integrating the entire final beta code base, or (b) using the beta code base with very minor changes that they spent the last few days of the beta alpha-testing.

Asking them to slowly integrate partial changes over time would be way too much additional work.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

That is what beta is for... or are you saying you'd rather those bugs appear on release?

Desync fix and color thingy should be deployed ASAP on beta. Many people, including myself, will decide to play/donate once they test this supposed Desync fix. Desync is the make or break for this game.
IGN: LessBow
"
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

That's sadly not how it works.

The CB itself is a giant mess of code, similar to any other giant mess of code. The whole thing needs to be stable at once, and is necessarily cohesive at that point. Attempting to take out part of the code (say, the code just for loot filters) and injecting it into the live realm would, itself, be a potential source of new bugs. They'd need to allocate additional resources for alpha testing "just this change, on the live code base", before they could safely deploy it to the live realm. And I do not think they presently have those resources, which are being dedicated to the beta right now.

When they finally push the beta into live, they will either (a) be directly integrating the entire final beta code base, or (b) using the beta code base with very minor changes that they spent the last few days of the beta alpha-testing.

Asking them to slowly integrate partial changes over time would be way too much additional work.

Well that sounds just like a bad programming style.
If they were smart they would try to make their code as modular as possible so they could break parts into small independent modules which don't interfere with other parts unless they actually are written to do so.

Then they could just push the modules they tested and are working fine with small incremental patches.
Last edited by Mannoth on May 11, 2015, 4:47:44 PM
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

That is what beta is for... or are you saying you'd rather those bugs appear on release?

Desync fix and color thingy should be deployed ASAP on beta. Many people, including myself, will decide to play/donate once they test this supposed Desync fix. Desync is the make or break for this game.

What, who, where, are you talking to me?

Dont know about color thing, didnt use the loot filter option yet, but desync should be implemented in the beta the moment they fix all bigger bugs with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info