My casual feedback for HLD

After playing a little HLD pvp since a month or two, here my casual player feedback:
This is a casual player feedback so it might not reflect good players opinion.

-Bow Traps in pvp are cheesy, particularly traps using bow skills like PA or bleed traps.

GGG nerfed totems because it was supposed to do less damage than the real skill casted manually, yet the +bow and pa trap is not nerfed. PA traps and bleed traps are too powerful.

I think traps is great and there is no problem about people using them but those traps used with non trap skills are too strong.

-It is just my opinion but crit lighting casters using penetration gem are too powerful.
They can just spam the floor using arc and 1 shooting you.

Penetration gems should be nerfed, there is no reason it does a better job than curses. At least you can use curses removal potions with them. Penetration gems? you can t do anything but buying leg kaom or top ES armors. There is also very little option on gear/tree to avoid spell penetration.

-Explosive arrow... Well I guess it s fun to spam walls, trees and junk on floor while cursing you with temp chain+empower. To me it sound quite lazy and cheesy. the skill should have reduced chance to stick on you depending of the distance they are fired.... Or maybe just cancel the spam wall trick.

-Most melee skills are useless. Cyclone is good because you move while attacking, but the other skills are just impossible to use vs moving targets like bow users or teleporting casters.

-Some people think cyclone is too strong.
I think it is just other melee skills are so bad in pvp that you see only cyclone those days.
Static strike and molten strike can be good but it seems only full block melee use those because only them can take the risk to run after range users without attacking.

-Ice spells and fire spells are ok because you actually can use gear to avoid being frozen or ignited. They can be powerful, but also can be countered more easily than lighting spells.

-Arenas layout sucks. Too little space, too much things to hide and kite. Playing melee in those places suck.

-Armor is useless in HLD it seems. People are hitting way to strong to even bother using AR.
Tabula is doing the same job than a 2k AR chest (minus res ofc). Here again Kaom chest seems to be better than a top 6l AR in most of the cases for melee.

-Molten shell... This should be buffed! It one shot melee only when you activate it! please make it like tempest shield....Not.
This should be nerfed badly on casters, they already have discharge on cwtd anyway lol.

-Tempest shield.... Casters + full block+ added chaos damages +crit = death on hit.
Melee+ full block+tempest + counter gems = half life gone on hit.

There is the block gems but should this be so strong that you need a Gem to counter it? Tempest damage should be nerfed in pvp (Counter gems too).

-Cast when damage taken/cast on crit.
Horrible to play against... they just lag you to death, skill like discharges with them are too OP. Like totems, I don t know why those gems permit skills to be so strong while used. They should deal way less damages since it is used in a lazy way.

-poor summoners... I only can say this. Seems to me they are just good for filling my flasks.
They might need a buff in pvp.

I really enjoyed the ears trophy in D2... I think it is missing a similar system in poe. This could even become a new currency. Maybe a pvp card could drop from wining few duels.

the PVP community is great. There is not a lot of people having superiority complex.
Most are nice and can give you advices. GGG might actually gain a lot to listen to them because they are actually really dedicated.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 7, 2015, 5:19:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info