[2.0 WIP] The Railgun: Chin Sol Point Blank Pyre Ice Shot [NSFHC] (WIP)

Yeah the Vaal Burning Arrow trap caused a lot of lols - back in Torment I used to start Vagan fighs with Atziri Flask up and three traps at his feet, meaning the fight ends as soon as I clicked "begin fight" :D

Re mana: When I played a bit yesterday I only had problems when there's just one dude remaining. Then I just fired a couple of auto attacks until the next Ice Shot was ready.

Whenever there are more enemies my mana is always full.
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
Does burning stack with those burning arrow traps ? Cause I was wondering if puncture could be a nice replacement but it doesn't.

Maoster, I have no problem with mana and I run Hatred with herald of fire. Before I changed from mind drinker to spirit void, my blue potion was used all the time (though with recharges on crits, it did recharge quite well too).

Rawbird : on the golem problem, I played an ice golem with another build (too many builds at the same time) and found it far less performing than the flame golem. Mainly because the ice golem goes melee when the flame stays at good distance. Therefore, ice dies more often than flame. + the permanent damage boost seems more important in the end than another boost to crits (I have the curse to do that).

Edit : Maoster, you put three traps with vaal burning arrow ? Wouldn't the first one deplete your souls and prevent any other from occuring ? Edit bis : nevermind, I found about the three uses of vaal burning arrow. Oh my, I'm so gonna try that.

So many edits...Rawbird : why piercing and not WED on your 4L Vaal burning arrow ? I'd think another multiplier in addition to trap, PB and Chin would be more than amazing. And Piercing, that one I don't get what synergy it brings in 1 vs 1.

And two last things :

Having tried it, I just love lightning arrow. Even more than I loved split arrow. Feels so powerful when it crits...

And Maoster, I am so jealous of your quiver : does "additional arrow" flat double the damage ?

Cause it's quite expansive for me and I'm hesitating (yeah, several tens of chaos is expansive to a player that has 1 lonely exalt in his stash). Ah, being a good player and getting rich. Must be nice !
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 3, 2015, 5:05:05 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Does burning stack with those burning arrow traps ? Cause I was wondering if puncture could be a nice replacement but it doesn't.

Maoster, I have no problem with mana and I run Hatred with herald of fire. Before I changed from mind drinker to spirit void, my blue potion was used all the time (though with recharges on crits, it did recharge quite well too).

Rawbird : on the golem problem, I played an ice golem with another build (too many builds at the same time) and found it far less performing than the flame golem. Mainly because the ice golem goes melee when the flame stays at good distance. Therefore, ice dies more often than flame. + the permanent damage boost seems more important in the end than another boost to crits (I have the curse to do that).

Edit : Maoster, you put three traps with vaal burning arrow ? Wouldn't the first one deplete your souls and prevent any other from occuring ? Edit bis : nevermind, I found about the three uses of vaal burning arrow. Oh my, I'm so gonna try that.

So many edits...Rawbird : why piercing and not WED on your 4L Vaal burning arrow ? I'd think another multiplier in addition to trap, PB and Chin would be more than amazing. And Piercing, that one I don't get what synergy it brings in 1 vs 1.

And two last things :

Having tried it, I just love lightning arrow. Even more than I loved split arrow. Feels so powerful when it crits...

And Maoster, I am so jealous of your quiver : does "additional arrow" flat double the damage ?

Cause it's quite expansive for me and I'm hesitating (yeah, several tens of chaos is expansive to a player that has 1 lonely exalt in his stash). Ah, being a good player and getting rich. Must be nice !

lightning arrow kills with crits, god knows how, even off screen. with 0 dps links. the additional arrow, helps greatly with aoe, and i imagine with a 20 20 aoe gem, the cones overlap significantly allowing for "shotgun". vaal burning arrow has up to 3 charges. i was using it for some time in a tabula, with all the massive dmg gems, trap, trap dmg, slower proj, conc, phys proj dmg. and it was absurd, but 5link carcass is better in general since the resist(sorely needed) and aoe size and dmg is nice.

for aoe, manna is fine, the single target, i find its a bit lacking. i sometimes fire blanks, admittedly i only have 300 something total mana, so even with 25% free, its really bad.

i find using the ranger unique gem the 10% proj dmg 15% pierce is incredible for this build. i wish u could mod gems with increased aoe size, that would be incredible.

as for making money, just get a strong char that can chain 73-75's depending on ur map rng, u can roll em blue and still chain 73's, 2 or 3 hours a day, and u can easily outfit "reasonable" toons as you please. also do the masters currency conversion.

i was wondering, woudlnt it be better to go IR?, getting smacked by a zombie for 90% of my hp really terrifies me.
I'm starting to see the point where 73 to 75 will become playable, I guess. As for currency conversions, I've been trading for some chaos (so I can afford some items from time to time) but when I see people selling or buying items for 5 exalts or 50... Caracss Jack for instance is beyond what I can afford. The corrupted Hyrri's seems more in my reach.

On another point, I agree with you, the chuncks of health eaten my monsters are big. I was wondering about Iron reflexes too. Though I suppose Acrobatics would be out in that case...

Which brings me to another question for Rawbird : acrobatics but not the passives beyond and Phase acro ? I thought it was mandatory.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 4, 2015, 1:38:15 PM
Hey guys,

Yeah the points beyond acro are mandatory I just went for damage first ;) I should still work them in I guess.

And for pierce over WED on the trap: A piercing Vaal Burning Arrow creates a ton of overlapping explosions. This is way stronger than the single multiplier WED can give.
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
So much I have to learn... Thanks for the tip about piercing vs WED.
Just did a very funny map with this character (level 81, 82 is hard to get) in warbands, on a map with spawning demons and looooooooooottttttttts (i.e really that many) monsters so start with (Siren's daughters and their infinite babies).

Resulting in demons spawning everywhere and hell on earth : 3 unique monsters (+the boss), so many rares I did not count them and blues at every step.

And I survived and killed everybody ! Nearly died several times, especially against a "fire storm call" demon (did not stop to ask his name), but Ice shot achieved !

Such fun !

And Lightning arrow rocks !

And finally level 82 ! Two more to go. To get one poor achievement...
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 10, 2015, 3:41:14 PM
Hey raw. Thanks for sharing your build. I have a few questions.

I have a 6link carcass as well as a chin sol. What do you recommend I throw on them?

What level should I take vaal pact? Been meaning to ask these questions but I just finished getting 57 on my shadow yesterday, and I'm hoping I can slap on my new items by the end of today.

Once again, I really like your guide. It was well put together. Solid build, it hasn't been that great 50-57 but I'm positive it's going to dish out the pain once I'm 62.

Also to add to my earlier questions, could you make a small list of item mods I should have try to get? Maybe even name some uniques I should attempt to acquire. Anyway,

Thanks raw you da bes.
Just checking in again, when will the forum post be fully updated? I've been anticipating the update since the start of 2.0 and have gathered some currency to jump start this build since, at the moment the tree in the youtube video isn't even linked in the opening post.

For now I can just follow the tree linked in the video guide fully? What should I level with? I do have death harp, but leveling bow character is such a pain (after doing Tornado Shot and Poison Arrow). What about the new leveling tree progression, since there is now Vaal Pact and the route changed?
Last edited by AratemusoAkiyo on Aug 19, 2015, 6:44:05 PM
Nice build.

I've watched a few of your videos and enjoy what you've done here. I started in WB with Ice Shot and quickly picked up a Pyre ring and tried to run this with HoA. It works, but I seem to get much better results using the 3 Dragons helm instead of Pyre. Easier to keep and prolif the burn, plus the dmg from the shock stack is very nice. Now I should add I haven't went back to the pyre ring since I got my Chin Sol, so maybe I'm underestimating the ring. Seems to me you'd want to run Fire Pen with the ring for more effective dmg.

Just wondering if you have tried the 3 Dragons instead of Pyre and which one you found beter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info