piller of the caged god + vaal righteous fire

So this build uses piller of the caged god to drastically increase the aoe of ele prolif and vaal righteous fire.

this is the first build concept i have ever made

Why piller of the caged god?
-simple if you get lets say 252 int on the passive tree you will receive
+125 mana (not very important but helps you run clarity and arctic armor)
+50% increased energy shield (so all energy shield you get on items is doubled which
will increase the damage of vaal righteous fire damage significantly)
+12.5% increased area of effect (very strong cause the more enemy's it hits the more
life you will get back and the more souls you get and the reason we use piller)

what skills do we use

-vaal righteous fire (primary)

4-link
vaal righteous fire + life leech + elemental proliferation (swap for concentrated
effect against bosses + chance to ignite
5-link
add increased area of effect (swap out for fire pen against bosses)
6-link
add fire penetration (swap for empower against bosses)

-flame blast (for when you dont have the souls for vaal righteous fire)

3-link
flame blast + chance to ignite + elemental proliferation
4-link
add life leech
5-link
add spell echo
6-link
add spell echo or fire penetration

-cast on damage taken

2-link
cast on damage taken + molten shell
3-link
add fire pen
4-link
add increased duration

-auras

2-link
Discipline + reduced mana (its going from 60% to 40% reserved after beta)
3-link
add clarity
4-link
any of the elemental ones depending on what your item resists are low
or vitality if they are already maxed

-other (no specific order)

flammability
lightning warp
arctic armor
enduring cry

passive tree (71 points) after that you want more int and fire damage but mostly int

things you need
vaal pact
LOTS of int (252)
increased area of effect (52%)
life/energy shield(life=69% + 50 flat) (energy shield=210% + 54 flat)

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20Zl_RSU5eVPV8RUDW5HU-nK0yzBAcfAjbF2CSnCLiTMtFFR8Bmn9_vfDwF6-4o-oLH-ehBh7c-_grYvTWStfKpbio4_o9N46ZXOuHyRVfJDXzqujQKN2YspqbrN4OQ1iHD-WVX4QhnFbjIW5YyLR-VIMHzoqN_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVEc3A==

what item mods do you want
flat/% energy shield
flat/% life
int
resists

BEFORE items your stats will look like (i include piller aoe bonus)
life 676
mana 405
energy shield 926
global increased aoe 64%

damage output assuming using character lvl 60 holding only piller of the caged god with no other items
with conc effect 3,461 damage (62% increased aoe)
without conc effect 2,163 damage (92% increased aoe)

i haven't actually built this character as i just dont have the currency to do so but its damage goes WAY up as you get health/energy shield on it

all you need to do to make it work is flame blast some packs until you get vaal RF then activate it when you are close to a large pack of mobs (especially a lockbox)

if you take to much damage the molten shell will activate making you take reduced damage and dealing decent damage in a pinch

i recommend a bunch of instant recovery health flasks

the life pact + life leech will make you get back alot if not all of the life instantly as long as you hit 13 or more creatures (but since the aoe is most of the screen that is easy

all the increased aoe will let you proliferate enemys to death from massive distances
and bossess will probably lose most of their health instantly

getting more int will both increase the damage and aoe of the blast and prolif (at lvl 100 you should have atleast 600) at which point your blast is the entire screen

dont get ghost reaver of anything like that as by the time you reach the next pack your energy shield should have regenerated (especially after beta)

if you use flammability they will usually have no fire resist or negative fire resist which will make dealing with bosses alot easier as well as increased ignite chance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info