Bear trap stun glitch

Problem: Fighting Kall Foxfly in Blackwood on Merciless difficulty, one of his bear trap stuns never ended until I was killed by him. The total duration for this last stun was approximately 5-6 seconds, whereas the previous 4 or 5 bear trap stuns during the same fight lasted no more than 2 seconds.

Context: The surrounding area was completely clear of other mobs, so no skills or abilities other than Kall's were present. I was using no temporary flask or skill stun recovery modifiers, so the previous ~2-second stun durations were not specially curtailed. I saw no animation from either me, Kall, or the ground (i.e. trap-activation animation) to indicate a 2nd trap was either thrown or activated while I was stunned. For the duration of the stun I had been clicking madly around the screen in various different places to try and move, but at no point did my character move at all. I tried to use blink arrow to escape but was out of mana (mind over matter), which my character responded to vocally ("I have nothing more to give"), so apparently the game was recognizing other inputs. I had run into Kall's bear traps several times previously during the fight, and every one of them was between 1.5-2 seconds long.

Conclusion: I feel the three most likely scenarios are thus: 1. the game gliched and did not end my stun at the proper time; 2. my mouse hiccuped and for some reason did not communicate LMB clicks for a few seconds (this has never happened before but is technically conceivable); or 3. there was some other modifier which I did not notice. Concerning this last one, there is no game mechanic in that fight that I know of that would explain this (see Kall Foxfly's wiki page to see all his abilities/modifiers). Bear trap stun is based on damage taken, and I did not notice arbitrarily taking 3 times the damage on that particular trap. As I said, he just kept shooting me the whole time and did not throw any more traps, nor did another trap activation animation play.

I'm not asking for my character back or anything (it was hardcore) since I know the disclaimer on that when you make your char, and I'm afraid I don't have a video or anything to show, but I figure I would bring this up since as far as I can tell there should have been no reason for my never-ending stun, other than the game glitching/bugging out.

Edit: this happened a few days ago to my character brisco_chombers
Last edited by Euscrops on May 3, 2015, 1:18:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info