Question Between Open Beta support pack vs Awakening packs

So it has been confirmed that Awakening supporter packs will have weapon effects just like the open beta ones did. It has also been confirmed that buying a higher tier pack lets you keep all the lower tier stuff. How come this is done now, but not during open beta? I remember people having to pay half the price of a pack just to get the weapon effect of a lower tier. I also remember giving up my exalted weapon glow in favor of the divine's glow. If packs back then gave the lower tiers, I would still have my exalted weapon glow as well as regal. I know its all in the past, but I would like to know GGG's opinion of this shift in how packs (and their contents) are handled.
ign: Vixien
Sounds like something you should ask support, not GD.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
How come this is done now, but not during open beta?

Probably because they learned from experience...
"
Based_Nito wrote:
Sounds like something you should ask support, not GD.

A lot of people have been hired since then for support. I don't expect many of them to have experience with the open beta packs and how they were handled in the past. I'd prefer someone who was employed then to reply.

"
Hodari wrote:
"
How come this is done now, but not during open beta?

Probably because they learned from experience...

Really? Because before the armor sets, they still didn't give you previous tier's content. Also, the Awakening packs will be the first time we've had a support pack that can be directly compared to a previous tier.
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on Apr 27, 2015, 6:54:45 PM
When you play this game you have to know that things change.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
This was partially implemented because there was a significant demand for it at the time. It also allowed our automatic upgrading system to work on the website so that players could upgrade their supporter packs and pay over time without needing to contact the support team should they prefer not to.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
This was partially implemented because there was a significant demand for it at the time. It also allowed our automatic upgrading system to work on the website so that players could upgrade their supporter packs and pay over time without needing to contact the support team should they prefer not to.

YUS <3
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Really? Because before the armor sets, they still didn't give you previous tier's content. Also, the Awakening packs will be the first time we've had a support pack that can be directly compared to a previous tier.

Didnt the release supporter pack include all lower tiers?? I upgraded from survivor to warrior so im not 100% sure but i believe it did.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
ShimmyShimmy wrote:
"

Didnt the release supporter pack include all lower tiers?? I upgraded from survivor to warrior so im not 100% sure but i believe it did.

It did. I also upgraded from survivor to warrior, but if you had just purchased warrior, you would have received the previous tier's items at the time of purchase.

Source:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140125110941/https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

That link was taken from an excellent thread here in general that archived the icons and web archive links for every pack ever offered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info