Is it Possible to 'Dial Down' my Skill Animation Effects

I've recently returned to POE after months of absence, to warm up for 2.0.
Within 5 mins of playing I was woefully reminded why I stopped playing.

Desync is as bad as ever, possible worse. I've heard rumours however, that 2.0 will introduce a 'No Desync' Option where server and client are always aligned and action latency is soley based off ping.

GREAT NEWS!...But... I have doubts weather this will fix lags/FPS drops from skill animations, ie: ALL Mjolner Builds, CoC Dischargers, High Attack Speed builds, ect...

I'm no 'coder' but a UI option to dial down Skill Animation Effects sounds simple, and I have no doubt it will improve gameplay for a HUGE number of players!

In the mean time, Is there a way I reduce the skill animations? Perhaps in the 'config' file??

Please and Thankyou! =)
Just wait till 2.0 release, there have been posts that show fps difference in live and beta, and beta seems more stable. Also, somewhere I read that fps lag caused by overlapping projectiles has been reduced too, so keep your hopes high.
In a stream, Chris mentioned that a fix he is excited about is one that reduces the impact on performance from applying a status effect or adding a particle effect to many entities at once, which is causing huge lag spikes. An example of this would be GMP - Chain - Lightning Arrow - Added Cold critical strikes.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info