Thanks GGG - the UI Ladies

Thanks for keeping my ladies chained down. I wouldn't feel right looking at two half nude males. If you would like equality in the game, you could switch one and I wouldn't mind. If that change happens, I would recommend doing the Mana Pool with a half naked dude. I tend to look at my Life Pool more often. ;)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Funny that this thread was created - i was actually thinking that it should be a solid 50/50, and that they should have 1 of each statue found in a3 (and maps) as mana and hp-models.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Diversity is never a bad thing. Neither is choice. Option to pick your preferences? Or poisons for that matter...

Frankly, I find most any and all discussions around this topic to be pretty...distasteful. People who are firmly on either side of the fence are firmly in the "sounds too pretentious to pay heed to" camp.

This is too trivial a thing to feel strongly about one way or another...
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I'd just request the option to use the classic UI if changes are made. I saw the new concept. It was just awful. Not to say you can't do better, but what you have already flows so much better, and is quite unobtrusive, unlike the proposed changes. No reason to fix what isn't broken.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
TikoXi wrote:
Diversity is never a bad thing. Neither is choice. Option to pick your preferences? Or poisons for that matter...

Frankly, I find most any and all discussions around this topic to be pretty...distasteful. People who are firmly on either side of the fence are firmly in the "sounds too pretentious to pay heed to" camp.

This is approximately how I feel. I didn't like the discussion when it came up either.
I think the chained ladies are fine for the . . . gothic tone of the game?
I mean come on, Piety is committing mad science on slaves, heaping up corpses Auschwitz style, the player characters are all criminals or morally grey and you have mutant tentacle women who shoot spikes at you with their tits hanging out.

But the thing you object to is that there are chained women on the life and mana bars.
"
"
TikoXi wrote:

This is approximately how I feel. I didn't like the discussion when it came up either.
I think the chained ladies are fine for the . . . gothic tone of the game?
I mean come on, Piety is committing mad science on slaves, heaping up corpses Auschwitz style, the player characters are all criminals or morally grey and you have mutant tentacle women who shoot spikes at you with their tits hanging out.

But the thing you object to is that there are chained women on the life and mana bars.

Yup, basically this.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Moral blah blah blah aside, I would agree with b15h09. If the UI is changed, it should be to make it better. The proposed change a while back looked...really bad.

I've always hoped the chained figures had some sort of lore significance. If not, and they are to be changed, they should be changed in some way that is improved. Not just because some people convey some sort of negative connotation upon them.

Actually, if they are to be changed, I think GGG should go the extra mile, and base any sort of design off of in game lore. Create some back story to the images. Even if it is just hinted at. Above all, don't make it distracting.

The previously proposed designed looked ( to me ) like cropped greek artwork pasted on an upper layer overlapping the health and mana globes.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Moral blah blah blah aside, I would agree with b15h09. If the UI is changed, it should be to make it better. The proposed change a while back looked...really bad.

I've always hoped the chained figures had some sort of lore significance. If not, and they are to be changed, they should be changed in some way that is improved. Not just because some people convey some sort of negative connotation upon them.

Actually, if they are to be changed, I think GGG should go the extra mile, and base any sort of design off of in game lore. Create some back story to the images. Even if it is just hinted at. Above all, don't make it distracting.

The previously proposed designed looked ( to me ) like cropped greek artwork pasted on an upper layer overlapping the health and mana globes.

The two Goddesses, Lunaris and Solaris, enslaved to to very people that butcher and carve their way across the warped and corrupted lands that used to worship them. A twisted irony that not even a poet could concoct.

There's your lore significance.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Apr 24, 2015, 11:33:32 PM
"
Cergic wrote:
Funny that this thread was created - i was actually thinking that it should be a solid 50/50, and that they should have 1 of each statue found in a3 (and maps) as mana and hp-models.

Why only two genders? Shouldn't there be other options as well? And why only one species? Don't intelligent dolphins, whales and bonobos deserve to have chained up figures?

This discussion was carried out extensively before, and GGG's proposed solution was overwhelmingly disliked for one reason or another by the community. Whether GGG might decide to include optional UI interfaces was also discussed, but I do not recall GGG ever commenting that they might do that.

There is a cost/benefit analysis that has to be done on things like this, as well as taking up the human resources that might be better spent on other aspects of the game.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info