Energy shield regeneration change

i was thinking about what change would make the new EB viable and the more i thought about it the more i thought that the current way ES regenerates isn't working. Right now when you play a ES based build(CI/low life) you need to use other forms of regen that keep your ES up. The core issue that i see is in the high pace game that is POE, waiting to recharge becomes increasingly difficult and impractical.

How ES currently recharges is after 6 sec it will start increasing, and will be full after 3 sec(at 9 base). A good change to this while keeping the theme of requiring time to recharge is to use a increasing function as the recharge rate, that resets when hit(like a exponential/power function). With this being hit matters but is less punishing because you will still get some ES back. This way you can play a fester play style while being less reliant on alliterative ES generation methods.

issues with this: would need to change how recharge speed works, would need to change ES stun mechanics.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
to be fair, there are passive/item mods that decrease the recharge delay.

plus, that's kind of what sets ES apart from Life.

your idea in the second paragraph is interesting though.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
The idea from second paragraph seems interesting but I would see it as a keystone rather than something for normal ES work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info