My Quest For Uber Atziri - Uber Down!

The Alluring Abyss. Probably (at least to this day) the toughest map to beat in this game. Since I found out about the existence of this map I always wanted to beat it, but pretty quickly gave up after I tried the apex of sacrifice and was completely destroyed by the trio.

Since then many months have passed and I have run the apex with a few different builds probably about 10-15 times. When the bloodlines & torment league ended I thought I could use the time until act 4 is released to make a build that can complete the map.

What I did not want to do was to just buy a set and the gear, but actually go the whole way myself.

So on my to-do list was the following:
- Find a build: Done
- Get a character to a reasonable level: Done
- Farm for Sacrifice Fragments: Done
- Farm for Midnight Fragments: Done
- Farm for Alluring Abyss Fragments: Done (Sort of)
- Level gems to 20/20 and corrupt a PoF & PoL to level 21: Done
- Gear up for the map: Done

The Build

Slightly distracted by the 1 month race (had to get both armour sets haha) I started looking up some builds that were "affordable" and didn't rely on too much skill (I play on a Laptop, so there's always a little bit of lag). Finally came across this one here: http://poeurl.com/zj9CjeV. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for! Now I came up with some slight variations (for example I want to run PoL & PoF in an alpha's howl in order to run another herald).

Now with the announced changes to shotgunning, I really needed to hurry up :)

What I have at the moment is the following: http://poeurl.com/zkWgTXb

I'll link my gear below in the "gear for the map" section.

The Character

I still had a level 70ish in standard with a free respec from about a year ago that I leveled to 92 in the last few weeks - Miss qwertz_raynauds.

The name was surprisingly fitting: Raynaud's phenomenon is a pretty common "disorder" that causes vasospams in your fingers and toes and leads to reduced blood flow (especially in cold weather). As a result your fingers toes initially turn white and then blue.

Very fitting indeed for my blue incinerate :D

The Purities

Now while I could just link an empower to my purities, I thought I'd try to get 2 level 21 purities for my alpha's howl. That way I could run an additional herald for more DPS.

Since I was leveling a character anyways, it couldn't hurt to level a number of gems at the same time...

If I'd fail to corrupt them successfully I could always just use an empower and link it to 2 level 20 purities in a vertex mask to get them to level 23.

I ended up not only corrupting the purities, but a bunch of other gems. Even managed to make a video :)

https://youtu.be/x9FZ53wx0oU

Sacrifice Farming

Over the last few leagues I had collected a pretty large number of fragments (and even full sets). While leveling this character I ran a bunch of corrupted double boss maps (mainly bazaar & courtyards) that provided me with a large number of sacrifice pieces. Shout-out to TOSFORFAEN who gave me a bunch of Mortal Griefs & Mortal Rages.

By the time I had reached level 92, I had 39 full sets and an additional 137 sacrifice pieces.
This is what the "additional pieces" stash tab looked before I started farming for midnight fragments (the other "Atziri" tab contained full sets):

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/WL66VPn.jpg

Midnight Farming

After I hit level 92, I ran my last few corrupted maps (had a few extremely rippy ones that I did not want to run before (did not want to lose xp in case I died).

There were a few "fun" ones like this one here (ele weakness, extra damage, 4 proj, extra cold damage, power charge palace):

Spoiler

In any case...
I swapped around some gear (to add in some magic find) and am currently in the progress of running all these fragments, hoping for midnights to drop! See gear section for gear.

Was going to link all unique items, but there were too many (!) and I was afraid I'd reach the character limit for the post, so just pictures of the tabs and I'll link the "valuable ones". On top of that I got a shit-ton of alterations from vendoring all the rares.

Pics

Original size: http://imgur.com/bTfaX0L

Original size: http://imgur.com/YHLBpml

Valuable drops

Tl:dr - these are the vaal gems & midnights that I got farming 69 fragments (had to keep the rest to complete the sets).

47 gems (incl 2x grace, 1x haste, 1x discipline, 1x cyclone) + 22 midnights!
(the gems in my stash were level 20 or 20/20).

Original size: http://imgur.com/AgFHyTz

Atziri Farming

After farming midnight fragments I was left with 60 full sets, 1 additional midnight & 2 alluring fragments:

Spoiler

Original size: http://imgur.com/dxwsgHO

Original Size: http://imgur.com/4SWHL08

I also got another 4 set from a mate.

Long story short - 64 atziri runs later: not a single hope :(
I did go back and farmed some more midnights (another 4) and when these didn't yield any hopes I ended up just buying one. I just couldn't face starting all over again.

Here's what I got from the initial 60 runs:

Other notable drops: 3 Dragons, Lightning Coil, 1 Exalted Orb, Rats Nest, Rise of the Phoenix, Marohi Erqi, Great Old One's

Gearing up

Gear for Uber Run:

Spoiler

Note:
- I used LMP for "trash" & the trio and GMP for the Vaals & Uber.
- Swapped CWDT for an Empower for Uber
- Was planning on using Apeps Rage, but mana cost was a little too high in the end

Vaal Duo Flasks:
Spoiler

Trio Flasks:
Spoiler

Uber Flasks:
Spoiler

MF gear for midnight farming
Spoiler

Not optimised (at all), but I did not want to spend a huge amount of time on min-maxing. Just wanted some IIR.

Offense & Defense Stats

Defense - With and without flasks up

GMP

GMP (7.4k) -> GMP + Flask (8.5k) -> GMP + RF (13.3k) -> GMP + Flask + RF (18.5k)
And 86% Projectile Speed

LMP

LMP (10.3k) -> LMP + Flask (11.8k) -> LMP + RF (15.2k) -> LMP + Flask + RF (21.2k)
And 86% Projectile Speed

The Alluring Abyss

http://imgur.com/5tyo1me

What a run! With AA & high purities the trash seemed pretty doable. Until I was hit by one of the vaal cultists (?). Holy moly. 4k HP gone (with Taste of hate up). After that I kept my distance from them...

The Vaal Oversoul Duo
Pretty straight forward and not too much different from the practice runs. Just a lot faster. Nearly got hit yy a smash from the enraged second guy ;)

The Trio

Again - not too bad. I did die however after I killed the last guy - think I must've stood on a degen cloud. Not entirely sure. However, that was the fight I was most scared of. With 4 portals left I was pretty confident that I could beat this map!

Uber
Even after watching so many videos, I did not expect her to cast so much faster than on the normal map. Especially the double flameblasts were nearly instant :O

I died the second time here - after the 3rd split phase I ran out of topaz flasks charges. Just unlucky with respawns (or a lack of these) I guess.

Anyhow, long story short - Made it :)

Can't wait for act 4 and another quest!

Initially wanted to record a video, but decided against it - didn't want to risk it messing up my FPS (which were low enough). So pictures will have to do...

Normal atziri run with 5FPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wae1_mvhz0

Thanks for reading :)

Edit: Here's a video of a normal atziri run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wae1_mvhz0
The use of RF is complete overkill obviously, but I just wanted to demonstrate the mechanics. Be warned though... Recording on a laptop that already struggles with normal gameplay has it's price ;)

Changelog

25/04/2015 - Added unique drops from midnight farm
26/04/2015 - Finished midnight farm. Updated MN & atziri farming section
03/05/2015 - Managed to get both PoL & PoF. Updated the Purity Section
03/05/2015 - Completed my quest :)
03/05/2015 - Added video of normal atziri run
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on May 14, 2015, 4:05:45 AM
I'm on the exact same quest with almost the exact build. ALready failed 3 times by my own mistakes:)
Best of luck to you and hurry up because the build will not work after act 4 is here..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
I'm on the exact same quest with almost the exact build. ALready failed 3 times by my own mistakes:)
Best of luck to you and hurry up because the build will not work after act 4 is here..

Oh thanks :)
If you don't mind me asking, what did you die to?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.

The first time I died because my RF killed the first vaal and the second one enraged..Wasted 3 portals and didn't make it in Attziri.
Second time I left the duelist alive as the last of the three bosses and he owned me and the third time I died from trash 2 times and didn't make it at uber..
Vaals are extremely easy on this build but you need to be very careful on the trio and Uber. Also the trash do extreme damage. You need the taste of hate up at all times and even then it can be tricky.
It can be done with practice though but unfortunately the gating to Uber is extremely hard and you usually don't have many maps to chain in order to warm up. I would suggest to try to chain at least 5 runs. I did mine on different times and I think it was a mistake..
Also try to have at least 8k dps on incinerate before entering the map
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Apr 24, 2015, 5:09:49 PM
Sounds tough :D

I'm planning on chaining the normal apex until I get a hope drop, then run that. Should give me some practice...

I also updated the midnight farming section. Had 2 full sets that carried over from the 1MSC & 1MHC.
Ran a few fragments this morning and am now sitting at 49 full sets and still have 80 fragments to run.

Also linked the unique items that dropped during the midnight farm (mf seems to be worth it!).
"
Sounds tough :D

I'm planning on chaining the normal apex until I get a hope drop, then run that. Should give me some practice...

I also updated the midnight farming section. Had 2 full sets that carried over from the 1MSC & 1MHC.
Ran a few fragments this morning and am now sitting at 49 full sets and still have 80 fragments to run.

Also linked the unique items that dropped during the midnight farm (mf seems to be worth it!).

The best practice for uber is to lower your damage and health to 1/3 of what you have (auras with blood magic on health until you;'re at 1/3 and remove gems from your chest to lower your damage). You then do a regular Attziri which is essentially an "Uber" simulation.

50 sets should yield at least 2 hopes. gl:)

Aristotle
Finished my midnight farm! 60 Full sets to farm for a hope. The hype is real :)

@Iluvatar - I'm planning to practice with IIR & IIQ linked to incinerate (so essentially a 4L).

Fully equipped I'm sitting at 7k DPS with GMP (12.7k with RF). I could use Apep's Rage for even more DPS (7.5k & 13.5k with RF).

Without HoI (if I don't go through with the alpha's and corrupted gems) I'm still sitting at 6.2k and 11.2k.

What I'm also thinking about is speccing into Vaal Pact. Might give me some added survivability.

Edit: all that farming really got me some decent gem xp! 2 Empowers close to level 3 and 8x level 20 PoF + 6x level 20 PoL (and more leveling as we speak) :D

Last edited by qwertz on Apr 26, 2015, 9:42:29 AM
You haven't gotten much response in this thread so I just wanted to stop and say jesus you are a beast man. That's alot of farming. So brofist or something to you haha.

I tried this build in the 1month and finished the challenges but didnt get to do atziri/uber atziri. How easy was normal atziri with this build?
"
blindhoff wrote:
You haven't gotten much response in this thread so I just wanted to stop and say jesus you are a beast man. That's alot of farming. So brofist or something to you haha.

I tried this build in the 1month and finished the challenges but didnt get to do atziri/uber atziri. How easy was normal atziri with this build?

Thanks!
Grinding is what I enjoy most about this game for some reason ;)

Been pretty busy with irl stuff, but hopefully get some more atziri runs done this weekend (only 14 so far - 2 belts, 1x boots, no hopes).

Normal atziri is fairly straight forward. The trio can be a bit dodgy, but I'm sure with more practice it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm currently practicing with righteous fire for the extra damage. Pressing the ruby flasks at the right time can get tricky (especially if other stuff is happening, you have to move etc.). During the atziri fight I usually run out of ruby charges after the 3rd or last split phase. I'm sure that's becuase I use the pots too early though. So more practice is needed. We'll see :)

I'm not actually too fussed if I fail at uber. The preparation is fun enough :)
20 runs so far. No hopes. 2x boots, 2x belts.
Other notable drops: 3 Dragons, Lightning Coil, 1 Exalted Orb

Also...

Edit:
Off for the night. 40 Atziri runs so far. Still no hope in sight... :(

Drops so far: 2 sceptres, 4 belts, 5 boots, the rest flasks. 19 uber fragments (no hopes).
Other notable drops (apart from above): Rat's nest.

Got Empower nr 2 to level 3 as well. Enhance sits at around 90% xp atm.
Last edited by qwertz on May 1, 2015, 6:49:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info