new uniques

So a list of some of the new uniques was posted, http://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening/items
and of course act 4 isn't out yet, so we can't actually test any of them yet, but we can still speculate which ones look fun, which ones seem useless or which ones seem overpowered. So these are my thoughts about the new uniques, feel free to add your own thoughts.

tear of purity
not sure whether 5% less status ailments is worth much, looks rather useless to me

empire's grasp
reverse knockback, that sounds interesting, I'm sure there will be a bunch of melee builds that make good use of that

doerdre's scorn
nice for any build that does heavy/ multiple cursing

southbound
interesting, hits can only kill frozen enemies, so you would need some kind of perma freeze build, the other nice thing is the 13% increase life, so no CI build, will be difficult to make a build that wants this item

shaper's seed
some mana and life regen, nice but could put better things in your amulet slot

tremor rod
nice for mine laying builds? never played one, so I don't really know

sire of shards
gmp with no damage reduction, but the projectiles fly out in a nova, I guess that means in all directions, interesting, seems like you would have to be in the middle of the crowd to get any mileage out of that, looking forward to builds that make good use of that

the whispering ice
enables ice storm builds, we will see how they compare to firestorm builds

ichimonji
auras are on you only, not sure what this is useful for, 5% reduced mana is nice, but in the weapon slot?

twyzel
I think even for a wand, the phys damage is not that impressive, extra projectile for socketed gems doesn't help much in a one-hand item, not sure whether this will be useful

lioneye's vision
requires a life/armor build that uses a skill that can pierce, once you have such a build, it looks pretty cool

the consuming dark
converts 75% of fire to chaos damage, I guess that gives a nice damage boost to any build that deals fire damage, looks pretty nice and can probably be used with most builds that deal fire damage with spells

relentless fury
culling strike and onslaught but low damage, maybe fun for leveling

null's inclination
mediocre but chaos damage, casts minion spells on kill with this weapon, very interesting, looking forward to see builds that use that,
to use as a general summoner item for the extra damage of minions per dex, the bonus seems too low

"
the consuming dark
converts 75% of fire to chaos damage, I guess that gives a nice damage boost to any build that deals fire damage, looks pretty nice and can probably be used with most builds that deal fire damage with spells

Just wondering, what about a CI/RF ?
depends on the wording,
shall i translate ?

"
tear of purity
not sure whether 5% less status ailments is worth much, looks rather useless to me

5% less chance to die from lightning
5% less chance to die from empty lifeflask cause of firedrain
5% less chance to die from beeing surrounded from frozen feet

T1 is T1 :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
quarague wrote:
southbound
interesting, hits can only kill frozen enemies, so you would need some kind of perma freeze build, the other nice thing is the 13% increase life, so no CI build, will be difficult to make a build that wants this item

twyzel
I think even for a wand, the phys damage is not that impressive, extra projectile for socketed gems doesn't help much in a one-hand item, not sure whether this will be useful

lioneye's vision
requires a life/armor build that uses a skill that can pierce, once you have such a build, it looks pretty cool

Southbound
How does having Life% on an item remove CI possibility?

Twyzel
We needed more Wand stuff for leveling, and this thing does it, holy crap it's amazing.
Extra projectiles doesn't help? KINETIC BLAST, even though shotgunning gets removed, you can do damage to a larger area than before.

Lioneye's Vision.
Again like the Southbound, where does it say it REQUIRES Life/Armour as a TOTAL build? Do you think Lightning Coil forces HYBRID Armour/Evasion?
This chest will be my go-to goal for my Lightning Strike spec that I did back in Ambush with great success, however 1 link cheaper now? Sign me up!

"
Lachdanan wrote:
depends on the wording,
shall i translate ?

"
tear of purity

5% less chance to die from lightning
5% less chance to die from empty lifeflask cause of firedrain
5% less chance to die from beeing surrounded from frozen feet

T1 is T1 :P

And now let's add the Corrupt feature in.. +1 Max All Resistances.
Take note, all items needs to be balanced around:
- Passive Tree
- Skill gems and links
- Vaal Orbs
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 23, 2015, 6:49:42 AM
"
quarague wrote:

ichimonji
auras are on you only, not sure what this is useful for, 5% reduced mana is nice, but in the weapon slot?

this thing well kind of neat is so dissapointing why so many bad unique melee weapons

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info