Golem - Golemancy Keystone

This would allow someone to run one of each golem at once.

Potential downsides could be:

Can't summon any other minion types.

Golems don't give bonuses.

Golems are individually weaker. Perhaps 25%.

Personally I love the idea of being able to play a different type of minion master. One that isn't undead oriented. There is a LOT of potential being introduced with golems, and I'm really hoping this is the door being opened for some crazy interesting summons. When I heard you could only have a single golem at once, I was quite disappointed. A keystone allowing you to run all three at the cost of... something... would be a lot of fun to run with. Kind of like double (or even triple) totems.

Here's hoping.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'll admit it, my initial reaction to the first line was "Nooooooooope. No way. Such OP. Much broken."

But then I did read the rest of the post and you're right. If the golem bonus was removed, and you nerf their damage significantly, then this might be doable.

However, I think that it'd fit better as a unique than a keystone. I just don't see that many people running golems as their primary skill, even with such a keystone.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Or make the Golem property mass as unpierce-able, that way, you may use it as cover (Against Piety for example) but of course, there should be a specific Jewel or Keystone for it. Could be op tho.
Golems should be investable, where they can be a viable major option. But choice should be a thing. So it should just be + 1 Golem, so you can't have all, and you can run 2 of the same or 2 different.

A big way to do this is to add special golem investment node clusters as well. But we can cut out skelly and zombie numbers some for this to feature golems more.

Golemancy
+1 Max Golem
~50% less max Skeletons and Zombies
~25% less Minion Damage
~You cannot equip 6L items
~You must sacrifice your first born and eat his flesh
+1 Golem at the cost of no other type of summon allowed seems fair to me, be it on an item or a keystone. Maybe on a 1-hand weapon so you could have +2 Golem if you choose to dump your shield?

How are those Golems by the way, CB people?
the issue being that golems are already going to be sort of a "free" thing for non-summoners. giving them two for free, since they don't even use any other summons, doesn't really work as a drawback.

i can't imagine that anyone would use it if it restricted you from a 6l (except 1h kaoms heart, or 1h BoR, or other builds that don't normally use a 6l anyway).
I think it could really work as a keystone gated off by golem based nodes. It would be the core of a playstyle, after all. It could work similarly to how Ancestral Bond does, negating your ability to do damage yourself. The idea is to be all about the golems, which have their own skills to use.

It's not like they're 'free' though, as they have a mana cost and whatnot. Not to mention keeping them alive and rolling will require some degree of focus.

Taking away their player buffs would make this less attractive to non-summoners, who won't be focusing on boosting golems anyway.

But I do agree that giving both other golems for a single keystone is a bit much. +1 is definitely the way to go here, and if you want another, there could be a unique to grant that. Heck, could even be a unique jewel (with a '1 only' limit) that adds one of the other negatives suggested in this thread.

Restricting people from having 6L would be silly though, and is crazy unattractive.
I was thinking of a double keystone with a few nodes between them:
+1 Golem, cannot summon non-Golem Minions
2-3 Nodes that buff Golems and/or their auras
+1 Golem, cannot be affected by non-Golem Auras

I'm not in the beta so I've no idea how powerful that may or may not be.
Tyroki's ideas are good. Gate it to prevent it from being "free", and provide a downside.

The idea of having 2 +1 nodes, each with their own downside, is pretty cool. Gate it as well, of course. However, I still point out that the cannot summon non-golem minions isn't really a downside. Summoners simply won't take it, and non-summoners don't use non-golem minions anyway. Also, "cannot be affected by non-golem auras" is far too strong a downside. I would propose:

+1 Golem, cannot be affected by Golem auras
+1 Golem, 50% Less damage [this is for the player, to be clear]

I think "can't deal damage" is too strong, as I doubt that people will mainline golems like they can with spell totem. On the other hand, I'm not in the beta so this may need to be adjusted depending on exactly how strong they are as a main skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info