How the Closed Beta is going so far

We currently have a very limited amount of the community invited to the Beta. The reason for the small numbers are to find and fix common crashes prior to inviting more people. We're getting plenty of crash reports with this population size and are working hard to resolve them all.

We are preparing and deploying small patches that update core balance elements (such as monster life and damage). A team is working on a larger update that will be deployed in a few days.

30% of Beta players are playing in Hardcore. 1558 deaths have occurred so far (12 of which were on the opening beach!)

Kaom has over twice as many kills as Daresso, but Daresso promises to catch up.

The desync fixes aren't yet deployed but we're working very hard on having them ready within 2-3 weeks. I'm so hyped about this.

We're very pleased with the results of the Beta so far. Feedback from testers on Act Four, the new content, Jewel system and UI improvements is very positive. The critical feedback on balance concerns has been extremely useful to addressing early problems.

I want to address a few topics regarding the Beta timer:

Why don't you invite people more rapidly ?

We want to control the population of the Beta. Right now we have plenty of users for the current stage of early crash-fixing and balance changes. Some of the art towards the end of the Beta isn't even in yet. It's honestly a better experience to play it next week than this week.

We will turn up the rate (and allow alternate mechanisms to get in) once we're ready for it.

Why have the timer at all and not just invite people silently?

We like the transparency of the timer. It explains the invite process a lot more clearly than just silent waves where you don't really know if they're happening or not. Those waves would cause a lot less drama, but we prefer visibility where possible.

New users are being invited

Yes. And those new users have been playing the Beta and enjoying it, generating very valuable feedback.

A lot of people signed up for Path of Exile after reading about The Awakening. I understand that they haven't played 1000+ hours yet, but neither has the average Path of Exile player.

More experienced players than new players have been invited so far, by a large margin.

Some shill accounts have been invited

Yes, they have. Then they were banned and legitimate people replaced them.

Our systems for duplicate account detection are very advanced because we use them for large-scale bot/RMT detection. We block 99.5% of the shill accounts that people make, and that number is only growing as we refine the detection mechanisms.

What are you going to do to improve the timer?

We're going to check the accounts manually before they're invited. Any shill accounts that got through our automatic detection will be quickly weeded out in this process. The automatic systems will continue to be refined. The timer will be sped up when we are ready to raise the active population.

To those in the Beta: Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate the detailed posts.
To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Well the news is far and few between.

I wish the Streamers/Beta tester would share more of their experience in the forums.

Not all of us can watch Twitch "limited internet" access been the cause/restriction.

Just my 2c
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Last edited by GrumpyBear5043 on Apr 22, 2015, 2:07:19 AM
"
Chris wrote:
To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

Damn it :D
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
front page?

YESSSSIR HYPE GGG

Aint in.. But damn act 4 musik tho.... DROOOL
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
Last edited by Zombiecity317 on Apr 22, 2015, 1:17:41 AM
ok
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Good to see that you're going to manually select the accounts.

Still kind of sucks that most CB players won't get a chance to help out. As seen on http://icurse.nl/betalist/, most people currently in the beta aren't even going to try communicate with the dev team.
Would love to see a little teaser for new supporter packs give the non beta players a little bit of extra hype to look forward to
Gimmy Moar!!! <3 you guys
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
11211 hype
IGN: Sin
"
IsoLateJynXx wrote:
Would love to see a little teaser for new supporter packs give the non beta players a little bit of extra hype to look forward to

They have new weapon effects.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info