Viable? Genius? Waste of time?

So, I wanted to make a phys crit ST build without having to spend a crapton of currency. Ever since the abyssus nerf, this has been rather difficult. I can't afford a loath bane, nor any sort of 350+ pdps, 9+ crit, 2 aps ambusher. So I thought, why not go DW, just to take my dps over that edge. Tree would look something like this:

Boom.

I realize that its a 114 point tree, but you get my point. I'm also constantly tweaking it as I go along.

Most probably be using double binos, then I won't even need power charges for 90%+ crit(combined with crit from gear). Also, they're cheap.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Apr 20, 2015, 1:11:29 AM
I've always liked the idea of Dual Wielding projectile weapons before.

I say, why not? as long as the damage is physical or 100% converted, they get the full benefit from DW. sure, it probably won't be optimal, but if you think it's a concept worth pursuing, then I say go for it.

You'll have to settle with Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Abyssuss nerf? How? Wiki doesnt show anything...
"
FoolyCoolant wrote:

Abyssus wasn't changed. The mechanics and items it was used with were likely nerfed, or are being nerfed in the 2.0 change.
"
FoolyCoolant wrote:

It was nerfed in that the Crit multiplier on abyssus no longer applied to Spectral Throw, but the flat still works

It's just a nerf to spectral throw and abyssus

Funnily enough the melee critical multiplier nodes (on the left side of the tree, near resolute technique) (same tag as the one on the helmet), still works for spectral throw.
twitch.tv/djayred

@DjayCrimson
It's not just ST, though the nerf was primarily aimed at it(?) I guess.

Any attack that produces projectiles using a melee weapon have been affected by that change.

and those CM nodes are probably gonna be fixed as well.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info