Returning Player Quick Questions about Stats

Hey all!

So like the title says, I am more or less a returning player. I haven't played I suppose since Invasion league came and gone? I know I missed this last one for sure anyway.

So what happened is I lost my build info that I was working on with this character. Which is basically just a sword and board cyclone build.

You can see my gear in my profile and my passive build (end build) is here. My char is Hardcore.

So basically, I just had a couple questions about the two stat nodes. I am short 18int (so far dex is ok) to use ... pretty much 90% of my abilities and supports (you can see the gems via profile if not I can link it) I had planned to pick up Purity of Flesh because the life / chaos resists I only just now noticed that I pick up two +10int nodes on the way.

But basically my question is are the 30 int / dex nodes ever worth it in a end game build or are they usually just a supplement while levelling to use certain pieces of gear? Specifically I am very close to Ancestral Knowledge and Expertise.

So far at lv 57, my duelest sit at around 1650dps 2.8khp and has max resists in merc. I am not sure HP wise where I out ta be, but I do use Life gain on hit and at least so far, I don't feel like I am ever in trouble, there has been a couple spots, where I had a oh .... moment, but that was kinda my fault and just got super aggressive.

I last left off in merc act 1, so I am trying to fine tune things for the expansion because I think I might try this build again, I rather enjoyed it.

OH one more thing, currently I use axes because I went Resolute Technique. Does RT matter if I wanted to go swords on the v2 build?

Cheers
Last edited by Volriath on Apr 18, 2015, 2:47:29 PM
RT doesn't care what weapon you use. It'd do the same for a bow character.

Those 30 stat nodes are sometimes necessary. Sometimes when you get gems to level 20, they require a lot of a stat. If that stat's not somethng you get traveling around the tree, those nodes are a good way to get what you need.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Those 30 stats nodes r almost always needed while lvling. With addition of master it is now relatively easy to get all stats u need from gear, but i recomend doing it later when u got ur maping gear. U can unspec those stats nodes later, when u dont need them any more. Hp vise i would aim for 4k as melee in hc for starting maps and 5k later.
Excellent thanks guys.

It's a big help. I think I will be picking up those stats sooner then later for my build, realizing it now that I am still going to be levelling and that gear can't possibly last and I'll eventually have to swap out some items

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info