!?! ~~ Facebreaker DPS vs DW Soul Taker on Cyclone ~~ ?!?

Hello
Anyone can tell me what is better based on dps tooltips? Where do i have higher dps? I believe on my dual wield, but maybe not really? 30k dps vs 20k dps

I have 2 screenshots, first will be with Soul taker + other axe, as u will see i have 30k+ dps but physical damage is much less compare to facebreakers.

Soul taker + Other axe setup on BOR: Cyclone->added fire->wed->conc effect

Facebreakers with setup on BOR: Cyclone->added fire->conc effect -> blood magic gem

Gear used:
Spoiler

Passive tree:

Anyone can explain me this? I like my soul taker but seems facebreaker is kinda better? even if dps is 20k i believe its much more than 30k+ dps with ST?

EDIT: If i take out the second axe i lose 10k dps
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 18, 2015, 1:23:32 PM
On paper, your dual wield setup is better, and it has better range. However since cyclone mechanic overhaul, the skill does its damage instantly once it's "cast", then periodically based on your attack speed. The trick is to "cast" very short cyclone to bypass the need of attack speed. This way you do much more dps than what the tooltip says.
To do so you have to put your mouse cursor as near as possible to your character. It requires some practice.
For more information on this topic, see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
On paper, your dual wield setup is better, and it has better range. However since cyclone mechanic overhaul, the skill does its damage instantly once it's "cast", then periodically based on your attack speed. The trick is to "cast" very short cyclone to bypass the need of attack speed. This way you do much more dps than what the tooltip says.
To do so you have to put your mouse cursor as near as possible to your character. It requires some practice.
For more information on this topic, see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669.

Wait, what? oO
this works only with facebreaker or what?
I never focus on clicking as near as possible to my character i just use my cursor whenever i want to move with my cyclone and for example if i have cyclone on my Q when i start cycloning i never stop the button, so whole map i just hold the Q and spin around without any tricky q-q-q-q all the time, because it stops the attacking

Anyway i just want to know which setup is better, should i run facebreaker + shield or just dual wield or maybe soul taker + shield ? where will i have more dps, imo facebreaker gives me huge physical dmg, and esspecialy that my passive tree have a lot of axe nodes if i switch it to -> physical increase instead of axe dmg increase - that should be pretty equal, am i right?
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 18, 2015, 2:47:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info