Do you think that with the Introduction of Jewels, a Power Creep will Approach?

A legitimate question that I've been wondering, what could GGG do in an attempt to make the game harder? Being able to get above average passive nodes in some spots might be a bit too OP, along with unique gems essentially being a mini keystone

Spoiler
inb4 BiS Jewels at 50 mirror b/o
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Enzari wrote:
A legitimate question that I've been wondering, what could GGG do in an attempt to make the game harder? Being able to get above average passive nodes in some spots might be a bit too OP, along with unique gems essentially being a mini keystone

Spoiler
inb4 BiS Jewels at 50 mirror b/o

They do intend to up the games levels eventually as they release new acts/expansions. Why wouldn't they intend to improve the strength of players too?
You *do* know that power creep happens with every patch except 1.3.1? (Le Patch of Nerfs)

The answer to your question is "Yes. So?"
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I dont see any any key!
Power creep is bad for a game, since it tends to keep new players from enjoying it. For a game to thrive, it has to attract new players as well as try to keep players entertained.

I hoped that GGG saw that the leagues would keep people interested in the game while not requiring power creep to keep old timers playing.

Looks like they don't get it.
They give monsters power too?

My guess is that they're trying to open more options so that more players can create functioning builds (builds that last longer into the game). I think it's a good idea that they add a dynamic factor to the skill tree. It's like a powerful skillpoint you can switch out freely.
I like many kinds of games 😊
I dont see power creep happening here. Nothing is being replaced for something else thats strictly better. If you're rich you can by and get better gems to socket into the tree, but then again the rich always have better everything anyway.

Ive always wanted to make a melee summoner but its been too weak to hold itself past merc. Maybe now with the new jewels things like this can become viable options for people who like unorthodox builds. Clearly though, the min/maxers will benefit most.
Last edited by Rusery on Apr 18, 2015, 2:24:18 PM
The beast is approaching, so yes.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Power creep has existed for a while in the form of newer spells regularly being on par with the top tier ones currently out. GGG claims they're rebalancing the whole game, but jewels look like a blatant power creep so far.
"
Owlert wrote:
Power creep has existed for a while in the form of newer spells regularly being on par with the top tier ones currently out. GGG claims they're rebalancing the whole game, but jewels look like a blatant power creep so far.

Holy sh!t, something just hit my mind. Maybe that's part of the rebalance? They look powerful when thinking about them in the current game. We don't really know much about the exact numbers in The Awakening rebalance.

Yes, I'm sincere.
I like many kinds of games 😊

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info