CI Poison Trapper, Incandescent Heart+Darkscorn Bow??? Thoughts

What is the recommended ES before taking Chaos Innoculation? How does a trapper leech to his ES? Linking a build here. Let me know what you guys think! THANKS!! :D

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-vn6vkzlwYF-Zsm6NbBAPVLvjoQe9sa53R_KzB8UUeNvwW1G-DnOpANV9gxs8M6m7Ui6kkTkx_mWIng0NBHBtvntMXC7FKv3V-7TWf8rUp-sHZvcFHIDLTRdoLjhMCc9vzrY5matUhtbBEvLL_BxewYj_qGrhXXVmP0cUNUHdmIQpUgwfOCHi0fpys1uR1PEVBtGRsl2VtLrukC34oEB0yzdFVfKuvkw21ca4RI99esmOL3AW-Lerd1HvAOSO4VTpvZ4EYr
Last edited by Eternltorture on Apr 18, 2015, 4:17:56 AM
i dont think you can leech life/es with traps/totems because you are not the one doing the dmg
but you can change HP regen to es regen, if you do, all the hp regen nodes will make you regen es. (Zealot's Oath)
Last edited by spoc002 on Apr 17, 2015, 7:46:16 PM
if you are doing poison trapper you really want to use a +2 or +3 bow in order to get the most out of the poison cloud which after all does the majority of the damage

example bow
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Yes I am aware of Poison Arrows' scaling from level. I just found the idea of using these two particular uniques for their damage mitigation attractive. Wanted to know if it was viable.
"
Eternltorture wrote:
What is the recommended ES before taking Chaos Innoculation?

You should have at least as much ES after the switch than you would like to have life at that point. Probably more.
Also, you need to take into account the level requirement of your gear (70 for IH+Auxium, 69 for Hubris Circlets, 68 for Vaal Regalias, 64 for Soul Strike).

"
Eternltorture wrote:

How does a trapper leech to his ES?

He does not. But with

your ES recharge will start very quickly.

I did a Darkscorn+CI Tornado shot build in Bloodlines. While it was very tanky, the damage was disappointing. Some thoughts of mine:
- Why do you start as a ranger? It seems to be much better as a witch.
- The choice of whether to use IH is completely unrelated to the choice of using Darkscorn. There are no synergies between the items. Since you are already without a high-ES shield, I would rather use a decent Regalia than IH.
- Not sure if going down to Master Sapper is really worth it (never did a trapper though). Remember you could also work on your AoE and curses (Vulnerability should be quite helpful).
Last edited by BaalSeinOpa on Apr 18, 2015, 5:50:15 AM
You can get decent ES with IH (I'm currently using the chest on a CI Incinerate Witch and I have over 7k ES, and that's without a shield, although I have very good gear), especially if you use Soul Strike, but I think your damage will be very disappointing. Darkscorn + Incandescent Heart is worth trying if you have a lot of currency, I just wouldn't use a non-bow skill as your main damage source. With that said, the new patch might have some buffs to chaos damage, so... Meh.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
There's no reason to use Incandescent Heart over good energy shield chest as CI. IH provides you with 25% more EHP against physical damage while a good energy shield chest will provide you 25% more EHP (more Energy shield) against all types of damage.
Great feedback guys thank you all for the input! Is there a hard cap on ES faster start of recharge? At what percent does adding more become irrelevant?
Last edited by Eternltorture on Apr 18, 2015, 5:51:49 PM
"
Eternltorture wrote:
Great feedback guys thank you all for the input! Is there a hard cap on ES faster start of recharge? At what percent does adding more become irrelevant?

To my knowledge there is a relevant hard cap. However, computation of the duration is 6s/(1+x), where x is the modifier, hence you gain less benefit by adding more. For example, my CI archer has 190% according to the stats tab, resulting in slightly above 2s. Adding more might get that to slightly faster than 2s.
Last edited by BaalSeinOpa on Apr 18, 2015, 6:54:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info