Frozen at login screen, music still playing

PoE freezes at the login screen when I open it, the rain doesn't move but the music continues to play. After alt tabbing PoE becomes non responsive then I have to end process in task manager

Ive got an FX 6300 and R9 270x so its not graphics related

Also, only started happening after a windows update

Ive tried running as admin, doing pack check and verifying integrity, reinstalling on steam and non steam, using --nosound -windowed -gc2. None of them have worked

Any ideas?
Last edited by Onerz on Apr 17, 2015, 2:06:47 PM
Which windows update was it? Is it possible to revert that windows update and see if it still happens?

Did you attempt re-installing your graphics drivers from the AMD website after running the latest windows update?
Yeh I checked for driver updates but there were none
"
Onerz wrote:
Yeh I checked for driver updates but there were none

Don't update, reinstall.

Clean reinstall would be best, but sometimes that isn't really possible.
Found the issue, cheers for the help. it was one of the window updates lol. I was just uninstalling the wrong ones. It was update KB2990214 if anyone else has this issue.

Just go into your window update history and search for that update, right click and uninstall.

I guess that update can be skipped if you don't ever plan on upgrading your Windows 7 to a later version. Hehe.

But if you'd like to give it a shot, I'd recommend putting the update back then manually re-installing the video drivers and see if it resolves the issue. It's possible that somehow the update broke something in the driver installation and a re-installation can fix it while keeping the update.
Did it stick in the same spot on the standalone? My buddy is having the same issue but only when he installs it through steam. As a side note he has an R9 280x.

edited for clarification*
Last edited by Hellscradle on Apr 17, 2015, 3:22:57 PM
Yep standalone and steam, both freezing at the login screen. Music still playing, everything else frozen and eventually turning "not responding"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info