Riposte kinda sucks

I've been trying out riposte on my dual wield character...and well riposte is quite bad.
It's tooltip average damage says 1500 damage, 60% of it as phys and 40% of it as ele.

It did like 50-70 damage to my opponent. And I don't think my opponent was even capped on their resists.

I recall GGG putting a pvp only damage nerf on it. like 80% reduced damage or something. I tried digging through patch notes but couldn't find it.

As is, reckoning seems to be the best counter gem so far, then vengeance...and well riposte doesn't even come close whatsoever.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
Riposte*: 60% less damage in PvP, and 2 hits per time, so T divided by 2.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119964
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
"
Riposte*: 60% less damage in PvP, and 2 hits per time, so T divided by 2.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119964

That is the main pvp damage formula, riposte received an additional nerf as well.
The override values are in the patch notes for 1.3 I beleive. I'm on my phone or else I'd find them for you.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
You need to buff it with melee physical or something like that. All the trigger attacks are prry bad by themeself but hey, so is your main attack. If you want those do to some damage iI recommend investing at least 2L or 3L into them. Mines are linked with melee physical and BCR/Added Accu.
Well I don't think it must be buffed, it's not supposed to 1shot. Be happy that it does some extra damage without you really doing anything besides main attack
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Well I don't think it must be buffed, it's not supposed to 1shot. Be happy that it does some extra damage without you really doing anything besides main attack

true, some pplz wanna 1 button game.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
"
Jedi_blr wrote:
"

true, some pplz wanna 1 button game.

Well if riposte 1 shots it would be on the level of cwdt, molten & tempest. 0 button
"

[Removed by Support]

"
it's not supposed to 1shot

Did I say it should 1 shot??? No I didn't, [Removed by Support]
I said in my original post that it did 50-70 damage, and that's on a 4L. That's 4 gem slots that go toward doing 50-70 damage every 1-2 seconds. That's absolutely terrible gem efficiency. Its not nearly worth including.

"
Be happy that it does some extra damage without you really doing anything besides main attack

You make it sound like it is a free addition of damage----its not, its 4 gem slots which could be used for anything else (bear traps, curses, cast when stunned, arc for clearing traps, firetraps for clearing cc traps, auras, smoke mine, molten shell...)

I don't expect it to be buffed to one shot people, I expect it to be buffed to where its actually worth putting in my gem slots.
Last edited by Rachel on Apr 16, 2015, 6:42:35 PM
Ya nothing will compare to tempest/molten shell's damage/ Not to mention tempest has range and auto target locksw you (can't manually dodge or anything)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info