Maraketh Weapons

In Path of Exile: The Awakening, we're introducing 13 new weapon types - the Maraketh Weapons. These exist in three different tiers (at the end of Normal, Cruel and Merciless), so there are a total of 39 different base types added. Today's news post includes linked versions of the first tier of Maraketh Weapons.

Here are some facts about Maraketh Weapons:

• Act Four isn't set in the Maraketh lands, but the Maraketh people were involved in many historical battles that occurred there.
  • Maraketh Weapons have different implicit mods than most of the items in Path of Exile. The implicit mod is the same for the first two tiers, and slightly larger in the third tier.
  • While Maraketh Weapons are some of the rarest and most desirable weapons in the game, they don't deal substantially more damage than the highest current base types. However, their new implicit mods make them more appropriate for certain builds.
  • All of the Maraketh Weapons have new 3d art and look quite different from existing weapons in Path of Exile.
  • At this stage we do not plan to introduce Unique versions of Maraketh Weapons.
  • Like the rest of the content revealed so far, the names and properties of these items may change before or during the Closed Beta.

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Very cool.

That Horned Sceptre. Holy hell.
Last edited by Alhoon on Apr 14, 2015, 12:01:28 AM
Nice guys!

Hmm. If act 4 doesn't take place in Maraketh lands, then which future acts will have it? I wonder..
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Apr 14, 2015, 12:03:50 AM
dat 4% block doe

dagger axe looking crushingly stabby
Last edited by FILM on Apr 14, 2015, 12:09:25 AM
HOOK SWORDS!
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Still waiting for Crossbows. >_>
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Hype
Can't wait! Looks great!
Awesome!
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
crit axe builds inc

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info