We Should Add Item Filters to Live Realm Instead of Expansion

EDIT: Tweaked title

Personally, most of the content in act 4 I'm more than willing to wait for especially if access to closed beta is going to essentially be a lottery. My biggest interest in the expansion right now are the new item filters we can create.

I'm sure a few people can relate to having screens cluttered up with junk items, especially in maps with exceptionally high quantity mods and/or running high IIR/IIQ builds. There's just an ungodly amount of trash items one has to sift through looking for stuff that would be valuable either to the vendor, themselves or to other people. I've been incredibly stoked for this feature since it was revealed as it means I can now hide everything that is worthless (white/magic items that aren't RGB or 5+ slotted, not gavels or siege axes, etc).

It just feels like such an immense quality-of-life improvement shouldn't be reserved for the expansion when people in the live realm can take advantage of it right now.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 13, 2015, 7:22:13 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1
"
I actually agree with this. It shouldn't be a 2.0 feature. It's something made for the existing community that could do with immediate widespread testing/implementation.

With a feature people have suggested time and again, I'd think filters would come out as soon as it's ready. While this is gonna be used during the beta (most likely) for testing, I figured a much larger playerbase in the live realm could very easily test and submit issues if something goes wrong.

Since the beta will be trickling people in every 5 minutes when it's ready, it's going to take GGG a longer time to test it in beta than just adding it live.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
people seem to forget that in many cases, things like this are tied into the engine in ways that aren't easily separable. in other words, it's tied into 2.0, and would take a ton of work to implement in 1.X.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
"
tsftd wrote:
people seem to forget that in many cases, things like this are tied into the engine in ways that aren't easily separable. in other words, it's tied into 2.0, and would take a ton of work to implement in 1.X.

Pretty much this, it likely depends on multipurpose changes, optimizations and/or rewritten functionality that doesn't exist in v1.x.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
tsftd wrote:

Pretty much this, it likely depends on multipurpose changes, optimizations and/or rewritten functionality that doesn't exist in v1.x.
This could be right. Or couldn't. We just don't know if it is possible in 1.x. If it is then it should be in main realm asap.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info