[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

Hi!

I´m level 84 atm, and i will only use 1 andv. gold so i have almost capp. my res and i use Herald of Thunder (0/19) and Herald of Ice (0/19), so my spell dmg goes up to 2756 (from 2295) (45 mana left). But my question is...better herald of ice or herald of fire (20/20)?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Apr 23, 2015, 1:57:58 PM
"
redix27 wrote:
Hi!

I´m level 84 atm, and i will only use 1 andv. gold so i have almost capp. my res and i use Herald of Thunder (0/19) and Herald of Ice (0/19), so my spell dmg goes up to 2756 (from 2295) (45 mana left). But my question is...better herald of ice or herald of fire (20/20)?

Herald of Ice & Thunder aren't really a great choice for Flameblast, waste of aura reservation due to how Ignite works, "The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second." Herald of Ash also does nothing to scale the damage of the initial hit itself, since "Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage," and it only impacts the overkill damage if you charge up and kill with the FB hit. Which does benefit you, but:

Imho, for that 50% reservation that you're eating up, you'd be better served running trying to find a way to run Haste in order to increase your cast speed so you can get FB channels faster.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hello;
I like to have this build. Should I start the character, or it's better to wait and see how the new changes will affect it?
Thank you in advanced for your replay.

Regards,
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Hello;
I like to have this build. Should I start the character, or it's better to wait and see how the new changes will affect it?
Thank you in advanced for your replay.

Regards,

The build takes roughly 18 hours to get to maps, at which point you can start stacking MF. Once you get it geared, it will pay for itself quite quickly, so if you're looking to get currency in Standard between now and 2.0 (5.5 weeks away), it's still worth starting the build now.

I will also be adjusting this build around the changes coming. It should still work after 2.0 is released, just a question of how effective it will be and whether I will need to make it work around another skill.

This thread will be updated with whatever changes are necessary to make it work after the expansion.
Thank you for your kind and quick respond.
I have the confidence now to start the build, and looking forward for the updates.
Thank you again for the guidance.

Regards,
Excuse me for the dumb question, but are we sure that Flammability is triggered by CWDT? Because I don't see that happening. If we want an auto curse isn't that for curse on hit instead of cast when damage taken?

Regards,
"

Only thing I would advise is not to buy more expensive items like 6L searing touch (25+ exalt) and lvl21 flameblast (10+ exalt cost alone) due to incoming proliferate and flameblast and burn nerfs. It is already a bit difficult to find a buyer for a lvl21 20quality fb gem right now at below market price and after the nerf it will be even harder

The build will work fine without these items though especially if you don't plan on farming high 70 maps (doing those haven't been worth the time and map rolling costs in my experience)

Thank you for your kind input. However I did bought a 6L searing touch because most likely I'd be stopped playing POE and moved to a more decent game by the time A4 is out. Even though I started playing this game after 1.3, but for me this constant "nerfs" and passive tree changes means one of two things only. Either GGG don't have a clue what they are doing thus the constant regret of the releases, or they know exactly what they are doing which is squeeze every cent possible from the players. In either case they disregard all the time and money people spend on previous releases, which I cannot respect. For the time being the game is a good time waster until I find a replacement.
My apologies for the long replay.

Regards,
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
Excuse me for the dumb question, but are we sure that Flammability is triggered by CWDT? Because I don't see that happening. If we want an auto curse isn't that for curse on hit instead of cast when damage taken?

Regards,

Yes. Check how your gem requirements match up. Remember that any curses linked to CWDT cannot exceed the gem level requirement of CWDT itself. Ie, if the required level for CWDT is 31, then the required level of Flammability cannot be greater than 31.

Also, I don't use Heralds in my setup so Curse on Hit doesn't make sense for it. But if you are going to stick to Heralds then yes, you can use that instead.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 27, 2015, 2:36:31 PM
Have you gained beta-access already, guildmate? =) Looking forward to when you can test, since I won't be able..
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Have you gained beta-access already, guildmate? =) Looking forward to when you can test, since I won't be able..

Sadly, not yet. And I'm about $260 shy of the contribution threshold for this next wave =(

Just gotta wait for those timer ticks, for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info