[LLD 1.3] Elemental Bower by lapiz

Here is my version of a LLD archer. I decided to go full elemental mostly because of the easier accessibility of +1 bows but also because of High Explosives passive (10% elemental damage penetration for traps).

Originally the build was inspired by the High Explosives and the lack of attack builds using this particular passive properly. It has proven to be quite a character and stands very close to being undefeated.

My passives: http://tinyurl.com/mwdh7c7

I could get more damage from the tree but I feel there is already enough of it. This is why I've gotten a lot of HP nodes to make the character more consistent against spiky damage.

My gear:

This setup is used against most archers and casters. 1k hp is enough against them.

My swap items against melees (and some rangers perhaps):

Hp is around 1,2k with this setup. Rearguard is also granting us an additional 17% block on top of 44% dodge.

My main skill is 5link Ice Shot or Tornado Shot with the same links:
Weapon Elemental Damage
Lightning Penetration
Block Chance Reduction
Faster Projectiles / Additional Accuracy (against Ondar's Guile etc)

Both skills have their benefits. Tornado Shot shocks more easily because there are a lot of projectiles but Ice Shot gives us that crazy chilled ground eventhough we deal a total of zero cold damage. With 3 Elreon pieces this setup is spammable with 0 mana cost.

Ice Shot tooltip is around 3,9k with the higher DPS setup. With the super defensive setup the tooltip is around 2,9k.

The 6link is used for the trap. It's a 6link single target TS trap.
Tornado Shot
Weapon Elemental Damage
Lightning Penetration
Point Blank
Trap
Block Chance Reduction

This works only because our quiver and bow grants a free LMP. Tornado Shot works best against single targets with 3 arrows. The sad thing is we actually need all 6 links for the trap to serve its purpose. The trap is surprisingly consistent due to the nature of Tornado Shot and is capable of one-shotting 1,2k hp or so.

The utility skill links are rather straightforward. I should probably link another coldsnap to the CWS setup in my boots instead of the empower. Increased duration is really nice for smoke mine and its movement speed (Im using Wake of Destruction after all). CWS Arcs are mostly there for the possible extra shocks.

Potions most often consist of 2 ample potions, 1 quicksilver of warding and 2 panicked potions (as with most LLD chars).

Possible budget version?

The 3 things this build really requires are 4link +1 Storm Cloud, any +1 quiver and a 6link chest. Even tabula will do since there are plenty of resists to spare. Accuracy shouldn't be forgotten even in the budget version and you should always have at least 3 items with accuracy roll.
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 9, 2015, 11:09:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info