[PoE Tools] Flitterfrost's Calculator Collection

Welcome to my small collection of calculator which is to provide solution to several difficult or complicated problem. The calculators I develop will be highly user friendly to make interaction with the calculator easier. Some of my works are cleverly design to use low amount of resource and fail checks to avoid bizarre errors. Nonetheless the calculator which is done as a spreadsheet is implement into a website rather than google spreadsheet. This has a huge advantage in allowing anyone to edit the input without the account as it is unique to you. It does reset when you refresh it which is a downside.

I'll be developing projects over time to whatever topic I feel like or an interesting request from people.

Index:
1. Monster Physical Damage Calculator
2. Poison Arrow Tooltip Calculator
3. Conversion Calculator

If you like, you can leave a suggestion of a calculator idea that hasn't been made yet.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Jul 8, 2015, 2:46:56 AM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2016, 8:15:18 AM
[LINK] Monster Physical Damage Calculator

What it does?
It takes the physical damage taken from enemies and your armor to calculate raw physical damage taken. This is extremely helpful in getting accurate raw physical damage value of monsters.

More Information

One of the biggest problem with armor calculation is that it can't reverse calculate physical damage into raw damage. How armor is calculated below:

There is three inputs which only one can be easily filled and that leaves with two input left. This turn it into a guess work to figure out both the damage and damage reduction. Guess work is simply bad due to inaccuracy so instead I convert it into a quadratic equation.

Now we can easily fill the value of armor and physical damage taken from monster to get raw physical damage.

Latest Version: 1.3
__________________________________________________________________________________

[LINK] Poison Arrow Tooltip Calculator

What it does?

The calculator takes the value related to Poison Arrow and provide Damage, Area of Effect Radius, and Duration into a tool tip you see in game. There is other variables that helps define your real time Poison Arrow damage with the use of enemy chaos resist and being cursed with enfeeble. It also has a smart system in place to deal with certain mechanics like trying to use both mine and trap support. Nonetheless it should be straight forward to use by editing the blue box.

Latest Version: 2.0

__________________________________________________________________________________

[LINK] Conversion Calculator

Requested by: Samirhage

What it does?

It convert your damage from one source to another. This is a simple calculator that allow user to experiment on how conversion works in Path of Exile.

Latest Version: 2.0
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Jul 8, 2015, 3:04:39 AM
Requested Projects or Work in Progress:

Requested: kahzin
Minion Defensive Calculator

Note: The lack of info on golem stats mean I won't be able to add them until GGG provide the data.

Errors:

Concentrated effect AoE calculation is wrong.

I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Jul 15, 2015, 8:00:32 PM
Nice work I was looking for something like this.

My math skills are quite rusty, would it be possible to get a link to how you rewrote the formula?

regards
"
Vechora wrote:
Nice work I was looking for something like this.

My math skills are quite rusty, would it be possible to get a link to how you rewrote the formula?

regards

I plan to write a document about the calculator for those math/formula savvy types so it might take some time. x3 Anyway I wrote another calculator for Poison Arrow and it should be up soon.
I am awoo.
I am now planning to move my calculator to a website where it is easier to organize but also better at being user friendly. Poison Arrow Calculator is currently up on the site so give it a test.
I am awoo.
I updated Poison Arrow calculator for 2.0 release. Conversion mechanics remain the same while armor is unknown. I place it as 1.3 just to be safe.

I want to thank tokimeki2003 for supporting my calculator with the Lib's Scion BM PA.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Jul 8, 2015, 3:10:06 AM
I think this is a great idea. Definetly looking forward to see more of your calculators. I'd be interested in a Minion defense calculator by the way.
*What are my minions resistances?
*Whats their block chance?
*How much life are they regenerating?
*What shield would be best with Necromantic Aegis?

On another note: I've messed around a bit with your damage conversion calculator. I filled everything with 0 besides the physical input (which is at 100) and turned on Avatar of Fire. Shouldn't the fire output be at 50? It's says that my output is 0 everywhere.
"
kahzin wrote:
I think this is a great idea. Definetly looking forward to see more of your calculators. I'd be interested in a Minion defense calculator by the way.
*What are my minions resistances?
*Whats their block chance?
*How much life are they regenerating?
*What shield would be best with Necromantic Aegis?

On another note: I've messed around a bit with your damage conversion calculator. I filled everything with 0 besides the physical input (which is at 100) and turned on Avatar of Fire. Shouldn't the fire output be at 50? It's says that my output is 0 everywhere.

I will fix that soon. Sorry. On another note I'll invest in building a defensive minion calculator after some research. x3

Edit: Fixed.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Jul 8, 2015, 4:41:32 AM
"
I will fix that soon. Sorry. On another note I'll invest in building a defensive minion calculator after some research. x3

Edit: Fixed.

Awesome, thanks! If I may point out a few other things that might be interesting for your conversion calculator.

Add another column for the mod "xx% of phyiscal damage added as fire/cold/lightning damage".
There are multiple reasons why this is a good idea.

1) It often comes with regular conversion mods (see cold to fire and physical to lightnin support gem)
2) If you're planning a build that tries to get the maximum out of damage conversion you will definetly need this mod
3) Because of the way it interacts with other modifiers this mod is what makes damage conversion so interesting. See 'Interaction with other Modifiers' in the wiki.

So the things that are really interesting when it comes to conversion is:
*What modifiers will affect my damage in the first place?
*Will I benefit more from %increased fire/cold/lightning or %increased fire/cold/lightning damage?

Example output:
1000 physical damage input
150% of basae damage output (due to 50% added as fire/cold/lightnig) -> 1500 damage
xx% of which is fire damage, affected by %increased physical, %increased fire, etc
-> resulting in xxx fire damage
xx% of which is cold damage, affected by %increased physical, %increased fire, etc
-> resulting in xxx cold damage
(...)

/Edit: I read further into the topic and there are a few things I am not 100% positive off. I'll open a new topic to clear a few things.
Last edited by kahzin on Jul 8, 2015, 6:30:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info