Dagger.
Ugh effort
uh bump
"
mody_bird wrote:
which one is better overall? and why

The one with the most T1`s rolls :)

Leaving the trolls behind for now ...

In this game there is no logic at all ... big hits from a 2 handed weapon with 1000 - 3000 damage / 1.00 attack speed is like what 2000 dps.
...small hits from a 1 handed weapon dagger with 500 - 1500 damage / 2.00 attacks per sec is 2000 dps.

SO WHAT GIVES HERE?
Think about it.With a dagger you can use a shield!Heal Faster...be safer...oh and forgot...you can outstand a godly 2 handed weapon with a dagger+some crit nodes :)
Last edited by htblind on Apr 6, 2015, 5:17:28 PM
"
htblind wrote:
SO WHAT GIVES HERE?
Think about it.With a dagger you can use a shield!Heal Faster...be safer...oh and forgot...you can outstand a godly 2 handed weapon with a dagger+some crit nodes :)

Not only that, but the dagger benefits better from all sources of flat damage on gear or from auras (so for instance, the bonus from wrath is effectively doubled on a 2.0 attacks per second weapon, compared with a 1.0 aps weapon)

This is one of the very few things I think Diablo 3 really got right in comparison to similar games: there is a possible flat "attacks per second" modifier, which stacks with the "attack speed" modifier. This is a bonus that would benefit 2-handed weapons much more than anything else, and would possibly bring them back into balance with other weapons if implemented correctly.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 6, 2015, 5:38:40 PM
I see you're new buddy - for a first character go 2H Static Strike or similar.

But it's only a taster build for the game, don't suggest dagger to the OP cuz that's a more advanced playstyle.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info