[1.3] [1MHC] Full Conversion Static Strike

Introduction

Hello there! I figured I should put up an introduction so I can explain a bit about myself before diving into the build. I usually will go by Tolerance, Intolerant, or Tol(something related to the current build) and I've been playing Path of Exile since May 2012. I feel that I have a fair handle on mechanics, and that I am somewhat of a decent theorycrafter. That said, let's dive into the reason you're here - the build.

Basics

What is Static Strike?
Static Strike is a melee attack that strikes your enemies and builds up static energy on you, dealing damage around you when the energy expires, defined by the PoE Wiki. That all said, I feel that as of right now, Static Strike is single handedly the best melee skill in the game. It performs outstandingly as a single target and an AoE skill.

How does this build work?
This build revolves around 2 gems - Static Strike and Physical to Lightning. Static Strike has a base conversion of 60% Physical to Lightning and Physical to Lightning provides us with another 50%. These two gems make you immune to Physical Reflect, but open you up to Elemental Reflect.

We deal with Elemental Reflect through our leech and pot usage - Warlord's Mark and Life Leech combined give you 10%+ Life Leech! You can opt to use a Topaz flask for extra safety if needed, but I have not found it to be required.

This build is designed for the Hardcore Environment and is tested to work - I have gone 4/4 Challenges for the 1MHC.

Pros and Cons

Pros

Insane Damage, both single target and AoE
Great build to start a new league off in
HC Viable!

Cons

There is much to be desired regarding Armor, even with Determination.

If you have any questions regarding this build/guide, feel free to contact me in game @Tolstatic

Skill Tree and Bandit Rewards

Bandits
Normal: Help Oak (+40 Life)
Cruel: Help Oak (+18% Physical Damage)
Merciless: Either Kill All or Help Oak (+1 Endurance Charge). I personally killed all.

Skill Tree
Level 85 Build: http://poeurl.com/ziQTCAK

Current Gear
This build was done in the HC 1 Month Torment/Bloodlines and as such, was started off with 0 budget.

Current

While leveling, a Geofri's Baptism will easily carry you from level 28 up to around level 60, where you should start looking to replace your weapon. This build does not require any uniques, and I choose not to use any. I suspect that a Belly of the Beast or Lightning Coil would be excellent chest pieces provided you can take care of your resistances, however.

Gems and Links

Static Strike
Weapon Elemental Damage, Phys to Lightning, Melee Physical Damage, Life Leech, Concentrated Effect (Requires Testing..and a 6L)

Herald of Thunder
Curse On Hit, Warlord's Mark, Reduced Mana

Auras
Reduced Mana, Herald of Ash, Determination, Clarity (Optional)

Cast When Damage Taken
Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased Duration

Miscellaneous
Leap Slam, Whatever gems you want to level

Screenshots and Videos

Offense

Defense

Mapping Videos/Demos
More Videos to come as I get my map pool higher - at time of posting, I'm still doing 70/71 maps.

41% Magic Monster, 31% Increased Monster Life Bog: https://youtu.be/X6p90WcWNN8
Last edited by Detrites on Apr 2, 2015, 2:15:33 PM
I think Catalyse is really not worth it, even in full conversion build. You should get Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment first. Also you can save one point going for Purity of Flesh cluster.

103 points

Don't use determination. You gaining less than 2k armour from it. Better use hatred, and if you want more survi - get more hp sacrificing some dps nodes (hatred will make up for that easy).
Last edited by SteKrz on Apr 2, 2015, 6:06:18 AM
"
SteKrz wrote:
I think Catalyse is really not worth it, even in full conversion build. You should get Celestial Judgement and Celestial Punishment first. Also you can save one point going for Purity of Flesh cluster.

103 points

Don't use determination. You gaining less than 2k armour from it. Better use hatred, and if you want more survi - get more hp sacrificing some dps nodes (hatred will make up for that easy).

I'll give Hatred a test tomorrow.

I grab Catalyse not only for the elemental damage, but for the intellignce as well so I can level my gems without having to shop for Intelligence on gear or pick up excess int nodes.

Thanks for the feed back though!
Looks interesting, might try this out if I rip. Not used to seeing non-multistrike setups, still looks potent without it which is why I kinda want to test it. Also, great song choice ;)

Quick note about the guide setup (for this and future guides), just a small QoL thing for people visiting it looking to check videos and skilltree, use the (url)(/url) (but square brackets) feature so the links actually turn into links =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 2, 2015, 6:34:40 AM
"

I grab Catalyse not only for the elemental damage, but for the intellignce as well so I can level my gems without having to shop for Intelligence on gear or pick up excess int nodes.

tbh you can avoid taking INT almost completely by swapping HoT for HoI (+CoH). As HoT is the only gem together with CoH that really needs lots of intelligence, you could not level up CoH much (you'd kill most mobs fast anyway) and get away with maybe 70 Int altoether instead of 138+
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468
Herald of Ice wouldn't work well. Even if electrolights will swap determination to hatred, and will get Celestial Punishment to double the chance to freeze, shock and ignite, he won't be shattering mobs too often. And HoT can curse mobs in range, before you hit them.

About int. Rage Knuckle ring has free suffix (2 in fact) for int or resistances (I really don't like Diamond skin node in lategame builds). Or just buy better ring. I usually get stats on rings.
I ran a full conversion build as one of my Torment characters. I wanted to see what block looked like post-nerf and also had been looking to try a west-side-of-tree crit mace build. I fell in love with Static Strike immediately after trying it and ended up with this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQY5DPcS4RPMFCAUTRT2GJEZ6Ro4Gj4aVRuXITQkiycvKCopTy3SL8wx-zJONug6nTrYPQ89_ECgQT9Hfk1GT_NQR1FgUeZXDVhjXhNfP2BLYGVgkWDEYSFi7GSjZU1p_nKpdO12rHfleTl673y7fuJ_44KbhNmE74V9hjuLT4zPkFWRzpJ9lIeXeZhvnsWezZ_LpzCplayvrY20L7yfvTa-p8C_wYLE9sbYz37SIdlh3CPfsuQi5FHkreXP6dXqGOw47MvvDvH-8i_zBvZI9zL7qvxL

I used Warlord's Mark on both Leap Slam and HoT to make sure it stayed up in lieu of spending a link on Life Leech. Also, between WM and Enduring Cry on CwDT, I always had 7 Endurance Charges up. On top of my 50% block, decent armor, good life pool (thanks Belly), and strong tree resists, I was able to crank up the damage with dps gear. I would not recommend it for HC without leech gem and Vaal Pact (within easy reach), but it had great clear speed for high maps in SC.
Doomed for Life
make a youtube link clickable and easier to see
go from the left side to the purity of flesh cluster, it's a shorter route
Nice guide,however,might I recommend using the URL code for your links,just so they are easier for people to click on. :D
Last edited by MidWest on Apr 2, 2015, 2:01:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info