Typed in wrong email to sign up...

Hi all,

Hopefully I can get some support on this, I signed up with a typo in my email, now I can't activate it.

I couldn't find any links to support anywhere so was hoping that someone will read this and be able to help me out.

I tried using the change email button, but it sent a verification email to the wrong email.

Thanks in advance, sorry to cause a hassle!!!

Ryper7
LOL. Sounds like an honest mistake. However, I don't know how much help you'll get in this situation. It is entirely possible for someone to get a hold of a user's e-mail, sign up for an account with the same e-mail provider with just a slight variation or typo and then claim the exact same thing you're claiming. It's not really that farfetched. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that you are making this up. Hopefully, you can get this resolved. Just know there's a good possibility you won't.
we're discussing this
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I've got the exact same problem, I'm sure there could be some way of resolving this while proving I'm not some scammer but the actual guy?
maybe it's stuppid what I'm going to say next, but to be sure:

Did you try to activate the typo e-mail account?

exemple:

my email: thisismyrealemail@hotma...
typo: thisisnotmyemail@hotma...

and try to activate: thisisnotmyemail@hotma...
Nederlands? Voeg me toe: Tiems
Last edited by Tiems on Nov 30, 2011, 11:42:16 AM
IP match dev's?
Fun things, Sad things... We can't share everything, But what we can, we should share... That is what it means to be a guild. A single persons happiness is everyone's happiness. A single persons anger is everyone's anger. And a single person's tears are everyone's tears.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info