Welp that was fast...

So I tried the HC challange, first time HC since I fixed my crashing/fps dropping.

Went with boring Arc templar.
Was at 63, 4k Hp and 2k arc DPS, farming lunaris 3 and Piety for some more gear (wanted to swap out my gloves and belt if possible b4 mapping, also wanted to swap out my goldrim for a rare).

Did piety around 4 times, got a good hang on her dmg values and deem her not too dangerous to farm.

Until I got 3 shot by a (as it seems) crit Stormcall of hers. All I saw is that the first hit shocked me and the 2 consecutive hits killed me b4 i could chug my shockimmmune instahealt on low life pot (which was pretty much 3 hits in a row from a stormcall, around ~1.5 -2 sec).

It was partly because i was surpised by her damage too, since my healthpool could take some hits of her in the previous encounters.

Im kinda disheartend about it. It wouldn't be that bad if it was a failure from me, but I did what I could (Decoy totem + Coldsnap Trap prolif brought me up to piety merc quite safley).

I thought that 4k at 63 was pretty good and should be good enough for piety. I never knew that Piety could shock (crit)with her stormcall ( i was aware that she can shock with her arc). Maybe it was a combination of both.

Anyways, I can not imagine anything safer then this. Maybe skipping bosses and only doing 66-70 maps until 80.

Any suggestions for a safer build?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Docks is way safer than lunaris and if you aren't hitting the xp penalty yet it's probably better for leveling.
We never know what to expect from Piety...

I remember having a discharge templar with maxed res, running in groups of mobs without any problem (on normal and cruel). In the crematorium though, I got close to Piety and died in a fraction of a second... It might have been her arc hitting twice, high-end damage range, and critting. That was before Dominus was in the game though, she was stronger (in the crematorium too).

I find Lunaris and Piety to not be worth it... she can be such an unexpected bitch.
Docks >
Last edited by Jaille on Apr 1, 2015, 7:27:08 PM
I know how you feel. My last death I was on my way to fight Dominous on cruel and stopped to fight that unique ice lance bird in the imperial garden.

What a bad idea.....his Cast on Death ice lance crit me while I was at around 50% health. I was trying to pot up and got caught.

That was one death I was pretty incredulous about it happening. Had around 4K health and max resists too.

Oh well, you just got to suck it up and try again. Good luck.
You farmed a 66 boss on a 63 character. You hp sounds ok for that but your damage might have been a bit lower than ideal, prolonging the fights?

Lightning damage is like that, it has a huge variance. As far as I know her Lightning Storm could always crit (and thus shock). The Storm Herald rares definitely do that.

I tend to just farm Catacombs until 70+ on HC, safer than Lunaris until build is full power. Maybe you could have already run your Purity of Lightning had you done that? Not sure.

But I don't think you'll find much safer builds than Arc Templar with decent clear speed, maybe an Ondar's-Acro Ranger. I personally played a summoner for the challenge because I lost my Arc Witch to a loading screen crash, but that one is pretty weak pre-Merciless and you often lose your minions to high damage enemies and Bloodline mods which can be frustrating.

"
Zed_ wrote:
You farmed a 66 boss on a 63 character. You hp sounds ok for that but your damage might have been a bit lower than ideal, prolonging the fights?

Lightning damage is like that, it has a huge variance. As far as I know her Lightning Storm could always crit (and thus shock). The Storm Herald rares definitely do that.

I tend to just farm Catacombs until 70+ on HC, safer than Lunaris until build is full power. Maybe you could have already run your Purity of Lightning had you done that? Not sure.

But I don't think you'll find much safer builds than Arc Templar with decent clear speed, maybe an Ondar's-Acro Ranger. I personally played a summoner for the challenge because I lost my Arc Witch to a loading screen crash, but that one is pretty weak pre-Merciless and you often lose your minions to high damage enemies and Bloodline mods which can be frustrating.

I get what you are saying. In my case, I farmed Piety last Torment league on a MF char with 4k DPS and 3,7k life and never died to her in ~ 200 tries in that fashion (4k - 0 in ~2 sec). I was pretty sure how much she can output onto 75% LRes.

Anyways, learned smth new. Dunno if I reroll again in HC yet, since it pretty much discouraged me. Id rather want to go summoner too, but its a hassle up until merciless and needs good gear to work then : /

You should've crafted a flask that instantly recovers hp. It probably would've saved you. Instant recovery on low life is only situational and has a lot less clutch saves.
"
Vincendra wrote:
killed me b4 i could chug my shockimmmune instahealt on low life pot

"
jebroni wrote:
You should've crafted a flask that instantly recovers hp.
Derp? or no Derp? I see my arch nemesis lighting shock damage is still around.
Last edited by Dravkwn on Apr 1, 2015, 10:45:59 PM
Heya , just wanted to give a quick tip that you can keep With you in Your NeXT Hc try =).

If you have gamesound on , when piety screams out , she is casting the stormcall , move a bit to the side and with decent movespeed you wont be hit at all by it =) , Works in maps aswell.
"
jebroni wrote:
You should've crafted a flask that instantly recovers hp. It probably would've saved you. Instant recovery on low life is only situational and has a lot less clutch saves.

I had one, whcih did both. A flask which was instant on LL with shock immunity. Dmg just came in so fast that I couldnt react.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info