My prediction from April of 2013 came true.

I had quit this game for a long time. Recently, about a month ago, I had come back to PoE.

When I got a feel for the current economy again, I had to laugh as my memory brought me back to a particular moment. Years ago, I had made a comic about the then-awful economy that was constantly growing worse and worse.

And it's funny because, two years later, it's exactly come true. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Maybe not, I'm not sure if it's different from a perspective outside of my own. But to me, it's pretty much hilarious how predictable this player-controlled economy is.

The old comic thread.
Thats scarey. Nice to see you around, btw.

For what its worth i too remember those days when gcps were the sought after currency.

Edit: sorry, forgot to mention that i also remembered that comic heheh
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Last edited by ThorOtheBIG on Apr 1, 2015, 2:30:50 AM
Yeah man, feels much longer than 2 years to me :P

Just yesterday I traded off my GCP's for 2 Chaos each. I felt sad, but I feel their depreciation is continuing.

Exalts are roughly "35 Chaos" right now, but I feel like that's inflating just the same way I remember from way back. I would estimate them to be at a solid 40 Chaos no more than 2 months from now. Their Regret Orb ratio is already firmly inflating.

That's another weird observation... Regrets and Chaos used to be an easy 1:1 ratio, now they're a solid 1:2. Seems to be more of an inflation of Regrets than deflation of Chaos. But a whole double, jeez...

Ugh, I hate this economy! lol
.....temp leagues
Noblesse oblige
remember when it was 20c for 1ex on standard...? pepperidge farm remembers
Last edited by micxiao on Apr 1, 2015, 3:07:45 AM
temp league economy is always shit
IGN TylordRampage
That's what happens when you can make chaos from thin air. There is no exalt recipe.

From what I heard in closed beta there was no chaos recipe, now there is.

If you really want to mine PoE gold, buy divines, since technically they are rarer than exalts, yet are only 6c each.

People use everything except chaos. Who actually uses their chaos orbs on gear? I use GCP's, scours, alchs, chances, regrets, exalts etc. Don't use chaos for anything. If you really think about it, chaos are worthless and can be created infinitely. Pretty much any fiat currency to ever exist.
"
SnKArcbound wrote:
That's what happens when you can make chaos from thin air. There is no exalt recipe.

From what I heard in closed beta there was no chaos recipe, now there is.

If you really want to mine PoE gold, buy divines, since technically they are rarer than exalts, yet are only 6c each.

People use everything except chaos. Who actually uses their chaos orbs on gear? I use GCP's, scours, alchs, chances, regrets, exalts etc. Don't use chaos for anything. If you really think about it, chaos are worthless and can be created infinitely. Pretty much any fiat currency to ever exist.

This makes sense, but at least Chaos orbs are used in a few hideout recipes now. They've also always been good if you wanna reroll an utter crap rare map. But as a poor bastard, I don't even play rare maps yet, so I don't know if that's actually worth it or not.
great ending lol

Welcome back dawg!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info