CI Crit Flicker Witch - Hege Era OVERCHARGE!!

Hi everyone!

I would like to introduce my CI Witch (currently L 86), using Hegemony's Era as a weapon in contrast to the usual Mirrored Weapon + shield which I think is boring and personally I cannot afford^^

This build is called OVERCHARGER, because I got the "Overcharge" Achievement with it, I think you need 15 active Charges for this. Thanks to Hege Era Mechanics, and the synergy with "Blunt Trauma" as well as "Smashing Strikes" and "Whirling Barrier", you can generate charges relatively easy. Frenzy and Power Charges are almost always up, and Endurance Charges most of the time while mapping. With my current setup I can have no less than 16 Charges up!!! And could still get +1 Endurance Charge from the Tree! MADNESS! :D

PICS

Spoiler

charges:

So, my gear is not cheap either, but different from most approaches to Flicker. I am sharing this build since I want to show Flicker strike is viable with a Two-Handed weapon also, and does not require those insane Mirror Items. There is basically 3 layers of mitigation:

1. Flicker Strike: You don't get hit much
2. Block: With Hege Era, some staff passives and a Rumi's (Legacy not required, but nice if you have one!), you can achieve something around 60% Block chance
3. Armour: Thanks to the hybrid chest armour and Granite Flask/Rumi's, you have a nice base armour which you can push to enormous hights! Even in groups you can still survive if you get desynced or frozen and thus, hit.

(4. Up to 4 Endurance Charges)

Furthermore, no Abyssus means you don't take increased phys dmg.

Playstyle/Mechanics:
Spoiler

For Gameplay I advise you NOT TO CLICK TOO FAST AROUND THE MAP!!!!!
It will drain your Mana pool and cause desyncs. Click, then deliver 3 strikes (Flicker + Multistrike), and then click again. 3% Mana leech suffice, and for tight situations, you still have Vaal Clarity. Problems will occur when playind slow recovery maps, you have to adjust too much to this mod to still have fun. less or even no regen are perfectly fine, as your regen is not too high anyways.
If you feel like you need more Mana leech, invest 2 points in the Shadow area and grab the "Mind drinker" node!

The following passive skill tree and my corrupted Rainbowstrides along with +1 frenzy bandit choice then leave me at 6 Frenzy, 7 Power and 3 Endurance Charges.

Flicker Dmg with all Buffs is then 15 K per hit, which will melt any map boss in seconds!

TREE

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADPIOSA_EEQ8RUBGWE3EV1xcvGF0abBslHU8pTyoLLL8tHzQxNI41uTY9Otg7fDzvPT5BckcGS65Ms1AwVdZWY1iuWfNca13yXqVfamNDZOdmnmjya9ltGW1scFJw1XKpd-V8u3_GgKSCm4RIhX2GO4auidOMC4x2j0aSfZMHlSCboZ2unjyio6XLpwinK6elrJisqq9stUi3MbjKuUO5fLyawBrBxcHzw23Fisln2Vva3dte2-fcI9-K5CLlz-kC7DjssO1E8uHz6vcy99f60vuL

Bandit choices

Spoiler
Skillpoint, Skillpoint (you may go for +18% inc phys dmg (Oak) too!, Frenzy Charge.

GEAR:

Spoiler

Thoughts on Gear:

CHEST: As CI you obviously have to stack a lot of Energy Shield, which is increasingly hard with a 2-Hand Weapon. After 6-Linking my chest armour, I wanted to make a build with it, and Flicker was the best I could think of while being fun and fast-paced.

RINGS + AMMY: So, you have to see to get ES and inc % max ES on your jewelry! That usually makes it quite pricey, so i decided to craft those rings myself. Took a bit of time and currency, but was well worth it! And yes, one prefix is yet free, in case I decide to use them otherwise and would pick max life over added phys dmg.

What you also need as a Crit build is a good amout on accuracy, so this was most important to get, even more than ES. The Amulet I bought for 2 or 3 ex I think, I advise you not to craft an amulet yourself since you will most likely find something fitting with less investment. Therefore, Eye of Chayula is no viable option for this variant, and I cannot say I missed it so far!

WEAPON: Hege Era, obviously. Good Dmg, Block, and +1 PC make this the weapon of choice. Another reason is the secondary attack: a 5L Frenzy setup in this case! Highly recommended!

Gloves, Boots, Helmet and Belt are basically interchangeable, a CwDt setup is required in one of those. See to get a decent amout of ES. My choice was not to use Abyssus, but Maligaro's for survivability. I would not recommend Abyssus since this build does not exactly stack enough ES to support it until lategame!

Flask Setup:
Spoiler

Note: You CAN be frozen and even stunned, but since the reworking of flask effects, being frozen is easy to counter.

GEM SETUP and explanation:

Spoiler
6L: Flicker - Melee phys - Melee of full life - Crit dmg - Melee Splash - Multistrike.
Added Fire can be switched for Melee Splash for Bosses if needed.

5L Frenzy: Frenzy - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - Melee on Full life

4L1: CwDt

4L2: Herold of Thunder - Assassins Mark Curse setup to generate Powercharges

4L3: Hatred - Discipline - reduced Mana, Blood Rage

Leaving 1 gem in the Hege Era, I chose Vaal Discipline. Reason is to support Frenzy without paying Mana to Charge up again in Boss Fights. You may also go Vaal Discipline, but I recommend Vaal Clarity.

So, I am only running Hatred and Herald of Thunder, both from Mana. Later on I plan to add Discipline, but that requires quite some leveling still.

Current Stats are:

Flicker Dmg unbuffed (tooltip): around 8 K
Flicker Dmg buffed (aura+charges): 15K
Frenzy Dmg buffed: 62 K +

ES with Hatred and HoT: 4250
ES with Discipline (L18 I think): 5300+

I will include Screenshots later on if interested!

VIDEO
Spoiler

Hardware and internet connection keep me from doing and uploading longer vids sadly.
I put up a short one from a Shipyard map so you can get an Impression.
NOTE: It has Temp. Chains mod, which I did appreciate. This is NOT the standard Flicker speed ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUHJ75ORZ-o

So this is it so far...any questions or praise and even constructive criticism is welcome!
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Mar 31, 2015, 6:25:05 PM
video plz
Will see what I can do, uploading takes ages with my internet -.-
video , plz too
Funny I was thinking of doing exact same thing with my Hege Staff - 6L Flicker for groups, 6L Double Strike for single and Vaal Double strike with max duration just for fun
Added a very short video of Shipyard, including bossfight (Mods: Temp Chains, Extra lightning dmg, extra monster life, desecreated ground.)

You can see it at the bottom of the original post.
AS already mentioned, due to hardware and internet I am having troubles uploading vids, and it takes lots of time. You can add me ingame if you want to see the build in action.
When I got the time (and ppl want to see more) I might upload more vids, but for now this has to suffice.

@arcadius:

Good idea ;) However I chose Frenzy instead of double strike beccause it generates charges.
Also, I find the 5L and Vaal Clarity as 6th gem really good.
What one can think about it removing the Enduring cry from CwDt setup. You do have Endurance charges up most of the time, which will be consumed then. BUT it is risky, just for saving a single gem slot. Might work if you take the +18% Endurance Charge duration from the tree and logically a 4th charge tho.

I will see to get some Vaal Double Strike and give it a try, thanks!

Edit: IGN is Victra_au_Julii
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Mar 31, 2015, 6:33:25 PM
push for the video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info