Shield Throw

Recently returned to the game after a long hiatus, loving the new shield and melee phys damage nodes across the tree.
Any chance of seeing a shield throw power in the near future? Either just a throw or a shield bounce where it hits x ammounts of targets and buffs you while the shield is thrown.

This could also enable builds where you use the shield for offense as well as defence, so you only equip a shield that takes up both weapon and shield slot. These new shields should give increases to both offensive and defensive stats. The possibilites would be pretty cool, just imagine throwing a shield and while its hitting enemies you can whack at them with a pair of facebreakers
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't like the idea of not equipping any weapon, but Shield Throw in itself seems like a very cool and solid idea! Should work a bit like a boomerang: the skill can only be used again when the shield is back in your hands. Not like Weapon Throw, which throws out your 1 weapon in a dozen copies at the same time.

Developpers can take some inspiration from Xena (who doesn't use shields but when she throws her ringsword you get the idea) or captain america.
It's k guys, Captain 'Murika got dis!

Spoiler

Besides the bullshit, maybe make it a vaal skill that does something special, because i can't see a shield throw skill being used as a builds main way of clearing maps.

Personaly, i ain't waiting for that thing to come back before killing another couple of mobs.
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
It's k guys, Captain 'Murika got dis!

Spoiler

Besides the bullshit, maybe make it a vaal skill that does something special, because i can't see a shield throw skill being used as a builds main way of clearing maps.

Personaly, i ain't waiting for that thing to come back before killing another couple of mobs.

Oh so it if cant be used to clear maps its useless and therefore should be a vaal skill. Nice reasoning there.

The suggestion is pretty good if only for the sake of doing fancy stuff with shields. It should still use the main hands weapon damage though.
Ethereal Charge

unique virtue gem

attack,minion

red socket

base level 45

The caster creates a ethereal copy of themselves that charges to where the caster was pointing upon cast. The ethereal copy disperses after it hits a target leaving behind a stunned enemy ready to be finished off(it blinds/stuns on hit on a really short duration that can't eb increased).

Daresso king of the arena never defeated his rival as the shield was too thick and the blade was always missing
Hargan is my spirit NPC which one is yours?
Use a shield throw similar to sweep? While its activated, no blocking ability.
"
Oh so it if cant be used to clear maps its useless and therefore should be a vaal skill. Nice reasoning there.

The suggestion is pretty good if only for the sake of doing fancy stuff with shields. It should still use the main hands weapon damage though.

Just my opinion.
Ugh effort
That sounds cool.

Captain America builds on the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info