does the trap support actually increase the damage of swt?

the support is active on the totem, increases mana cost and casts the totem, but the damage portion doesnt reflect in tooltip and honestly the damage feel's the same. by all regards it SHOULD work. so is there something im missing here??
twitch.tv/jfpforever
"
jfpforever wrote:
the support is active on the totem, increases mana cost and casts the totem, but the damage portion doesnt reflect in tooltip and honestly the damage feel's the same. by all regards it SHOULD work. so is there something im missing here??

Patch 1.2.0
"
The Trap and Mine support gems now have multiplicative damage bonuses that are specific to traps and mines respectively. This means that you can't cast a skill through a trap and a mine for double bonuses. In addition, Trap and Mine damage bonuses now do not benefit minions cast through traps or mines.

About manacost & supporting.
You can still cast totem through the trap (to surprise the enemies :D) but you just won't get the increased damage from support gem.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Mar 30, 2015, 4:12:42 AM
totem's dont count as minions though, and im fairly certain this was aimed at true minions
twitch.tv/jfpforever
Damage dealt by a totem is not trap damage, and cannot be affected by the "trap damage" modifier on the trap gem.
thanks for the clarification sir
twitch.tv/jfpforever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info