Level 8 Masters should offer a fresh inventory after you complete a mission in the wild

I would stop skipping every Haku, Vagan, and Catarina mission I come across in maps if, once they're at level 8, they offered me a fresh inventory of cool stuff to buy as reward for passing the mission.

EDIT: along with this, masters' dailies shouldn't refresh their inventory unless their mission is successfully completed. This will fix the "abandon all dailies every day to get a few free rolls at top tier items" nonsense. If you want the loot, you should have to actually do something to get it.

Better risk vs. reward correlation, and masters in maps stay relevant forever.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Mar 30, 2015, 2:39:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sounds too convenient for farming unique items. But I do agree that there needs to be SOME benefit to doing quests in the wild. A chance orb would be enough for me. Or a random skill gem.
"
BearCares wrote:
Sounds too convenient for farming unique items. But I do agree that there needs to be SOME benefit to doing quests in the wild. A chance orb would be enough for me. Or a random skill gem.

Your comment reminded me how stupid the daily "abandon all dailies to get free loot" routine is, so I've updated my OP to fix that too.
You get rep from them and easier ways to get it if youre on lower lvl chars in lower zones. Why do gamers always need rewards to play a free game?
"
You get rep from them

??lvl 8 Masters don't give rep - they're already maxed...
"
and easier ways to get it if youre on lower lvl chars in lower zones.

This doesn't even make sense...

I agree with both suggestions OP; right now GGG is working towards the new expansion,we can only wait and see what Act4 will bring, in general and for masters in particular...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
You get rep from them

??lvl 8 Masters don't give rep - they're already maxed...
"
and easier ways to get it if youre on lower lvl chars in lower zones.

This doesn't even make sense...

I agree with both suggestions OP; right now GGG is working towards the new expansion,we can only wait and see what Act4 will bring, in general and for masters in particular...

You get XP from their quests though as they always spawn mobs for them.
"
You get XP from their quests though as they always spawn mobs for them.

Admittedly, the missions from Zana, Tora, Elreon, and Vorici (unless you're in hardcore and scared of Magnus) are their own reward, which is why I and probably most other players always do these when we find them. You could argue similar for Haku and Vagan, but I think most people have figured out that these two just aren't worth it and skip them every time.

Finally, there's Catarina. Poor Catarina! No sane person would ever talk to you after you reach level 8!

On a side note, what was the payoff for the random missions in Diablo 3 (if they're even still in that game)? I can't remember any more if they awarded gold and/or exp for completing them, but I'm pretty sure you got some always-relevant reward for doing them, whereas in PoE we just get master decoration rep which becomes completely worthless after a certain point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info