Suggestion to save lives

So while I'm still salty I decided to suggest implementing what should be already common sense and that is if for some reason a player gets 900 latency (while skype and youtube work fine but that's not the point) the player should be immediately disconnected and not be connected until the game lets him leave and find out hes dead after logging in even though he was alive and fine. Guess that's all.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
All making the game logging you out at 900ms would acomplish is getting you DC'd more and it's always possible you'll still die anyway.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I really don't think you would be able to die if the server itself cut you off as in it would count your DC instantly. Also I don't think a single person would mind getting disconnected instead of dying. I guess this isn't a really common issue so whatever. Anyway, I see this as something worth considering.
This would piss me off. I shouldn't lose map portals just because my connection has a lag spike. Dying to one sucks but you usually don't if your build doesn't depend on kiting to survive most things.
"
froun wrote:
I really don't think you would be able to die if the server itself cut you off as in it would count your DC instantly. Also I don't think a single person would mind getting disconnected instead of dying. I guess this isn't a really common issue so whatever. Anyway, I see this as something worth considering.

Go read technical, there are a fair few posts about the "servers" DC'ing people and the QQ surrounding it, then you have rollbacks caused by them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info