How to freeze self?

So I was theorycrafting with armour because I never see the damage reduction at later levels really high (normally like 5% unless you have the Soul of Steel notable.) With white evasion gear and the iron reflexes passive, I was able to get around 14000 armour by getting most of the passive nodes on the tree. I did not include grace or determination in this experiment. If I use a granite flask and two berek's pass, I would be able to reach around 27000 armour. That sounds like a lot, but I don't know how much reduction that gives at maps and I don't know how to keep myself frozen to take full effect of all the armour I can have. Could someone help me with this?

Edit: I just looked at the math again and I didn't calculate the armour percentage that would of been added to the granite flask and berek's passes. Also since I'm using evasion nodes, it might be better I use a Jade flask instead of Granite.
Edit2: I also just saw the formulat for Iron Reflexes so 27000 is actually a lot less than what it can be. lol
Last edited by Tekrala on Mar 29, 2015, 2:00:44 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2016, 4:27:21 PM
iirc, it's not possible to freeze, chill, shock, ignite or stun yourself. Not even with reflect. You either need to wear a funky unique to do so like the shock belt, or have an enemy apply the status to you.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Sigh, I was hoping there was something. I never saw so much armour before (I don't normally build tanky.) Oh well :)
If you want to maximise armour, you want a 1000+ chest, 500-600 helmet, whatever you can get on hands and legs and then the biggest decider: a super high armour shield! This way, increased defenses from shield passives will be really strong. Lioneyes remorse is good, though a well rolled colossal can beat it. IR is nice cause of grace, but not necessary in order to have a high armour rating.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
If you curse yourself with frostbite, enemies can freeze you easier
"
Wooser69 wrote:
iirc, it's not possible to freeze, chill, shock, ignite or stun yourself. Not even with reflect. You either need to wear a funky unique to do so like the shock belt, or have an enemy apply the status to you.

Shackles of the Wretched + Frostbite + Taste of Hate = Physical damage has 14% (on level 20 frostbite) to freeze you. when Taste of Hate is active.

Problems:
Freeze duration is based upon amounts of damage you take. You'd have to take massive amounts of damage to be frozen reliably. Small hits would never freeze you (unlike ignite, with similar method), because there is a threshold of damage that will cause you a freeze.

TBH, quite funny idea. If you need any more help, I'd gladly answer you questions. :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Auxium.
Perq's problems are answered with Auxium, yeah.

Another way to increase your chance to be frozen using taste of hate is to increase your chance to receive a critical strike. Eg, by cursing yourself with Assassin's Mark

or getting the "5% addition chance to receive a critical strike" implicit on Jewels:
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Why? Is this for some wired reflect damage build?
Usually, even in melee, the best way to avoid damage is not to get hit. If you freeze yourself you can't manually dodge large hits anymore.
IGN Corelica
"
Chesto wrote:
Why? Is this for some wired reflect damage build?
Usually, even in melee, the best way to avoid damage is not to get hit. If you freeze yourself you can't manually dodge large hits anymore.

Juggernauts are *dramatic voice* Unstoppable; they ignore the 100% Slow from Freeze entirely.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 23, 2016, 12:57:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info