Tormented Spirits Martyr

I think this guy needs a balance check. As melee there is no way to avoid the explosion, and if you are unlucky all mobs in a room will have this buff from the spirit(BUT only a few of them is enough to instantly kill you even with 5000 HP). I mean there are over 20 spirits, what that means is everytime you see a spirit you need to stop and watch which buff they have, but ranged classes dont even bother about it , they just kill the mobs and done because they take no dmg at range.

My suggestion is balance the explosion dmg and or change the Martyr Spirit buff Icon to a different color like RED or something.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think you can say this with just about all the spirits, when you compare them to melee vs range.

with a melee character, i was around 50% successful in killing them (success rate did increase as movement speed increased)..

last night i started my first ranged character (ever) to test..

Am halfway through, N-Cruel.. killed every single spirit with ease that i've come across..

So for me at least, much easier killing a T Spirit with a bow & arrow, then a sword/dagger..
Yup. I recommend a dual totem build x)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Since i had a close encounter with a Martyr spirit today, i have to necro this thread.

"
Thadenkeen wrote:
I think you can say this with just about all the spirits, when you compare them to melee vs range.

with a melee character, i was around 50% successful in killing them (success rate did increase as movement speed increased)..

last night i started my first ranged character (ever) to test..

Am halfway through, N-Cruel.. killed every single spirit with ease that i've come across..

So for me at least, much easier killing a T Spirit with a bow & arrow, then a sword/dagger..

It's not about being successful killing them. The Martyr is IMHO the most dangerous spirit for melee characters, similar to elemental bearer bloodline mods.

It is unbalanced in comparison, so i'm sure GGG wants to buff the other spirits so that more of them are dangerous for melee. After all, we can't let melee players have an as easy time as ranged players, right? ;-)
I can agree that mechanics like this discourage real melee builds. Both Bearers and Martyrs can be scary for melee.

Yes, people should die to something. But why encourage ranged play yet even more?

I haven't played melee since the very first league I played (Nemesis.) I enjoyed it some there, but I kept finding good reasons to back up a step or two and stay out of harms way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info