Regarding killspeed

Killspeed is the biggest pro this genre has over MMOs with their 30 second trash mob encounters.

But i feel it has gone too far.

I would love to see the killspeed being reduced again. Most enemy critters aren't interacting with me anymore because they all die on the spot.

And i'm not only talking about late endgame here with super gear.

The dynamics of fighting are getting lost when every monster is blown to pieces a second after it becomes visible.

Any other thoughts?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1a. Game allows Alt+F4 and logout to function as instant character saves.

1b. Game allows for massive instant heals to full life using mechanics such as Vaal Pact and Acuity.

2. In order to combat #1, game implements heavy spike damage in hopes of killing those players before they can react.

3. In order to ensure normal players aren't DPS'd out by abnormally hard-hitting mobs, game keeps monster life values abnormally low so they can almost always be killed before they get position on you.

Need to fix #1 before we can fix #3.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 27, 2015, 5:53:58 AM
i agree.

but will it ever come to this?

I recently watched a friend of mine play Diablo 3 (i had to :( ) and the fighting even with white mobs at least was interesting. dodging abilities, playing differently against different kinds of mobs (exploders, dervish, invisibru snakes).

When i logged in with my Windripper Scion yesterday i pressed E R T Middle Mouse, and then Rightclicked away ignoring everything in my path (except for desyncing Undying Evangelists which i couldnt hit even after repositioning X times).

Gameplay regarding trashmobs takes up the longest part of the game, they might at least be a bit less trash :D
Yes, dmg is getting out of hand but most people seem to like it, a big part of the game is getting lost because even bosses are getting 1shot.
Crazy Miners Fire Nova Mines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595627
The Savage, Endgame cleaner:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613272
I'm posting to show my support for the idea.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I think it's gone beyond the point of no return. There will always be obscene damage, and my long ass thought regarding the whole thing put in the least amount of words is that there will always be 6 link damage. The conclusion was that 6 linking would be a more obtainable goal but you do various modifications to gear regarding sockets so gear upgrades are priced into expensive new socket altering mods, better active skill synergy and players decide between more power or gear efficiency. Other than balancing all skills around the sort of example I thought about is that you create a permanent socket - gem can't be removed. But you can only make 1 such alteration per armour piece. The sort of trade-off are gem enhancement or being able to socket 2 skill or support gems into a single socket with a penalty (2 6 link skills or a 7 link with reduced gem levels). There's serious tweaking involved.

My brain is a bit crap at balancing something like this because there are too many gems that this would be really good even when having lower level gems you can gain quality on another gem or easily stacked multipliers and the penalty should affect the active skill gem(s) in the armour not the modified socketed gem(s) which you're essentially doing. Point being, that if you had two skill gems to a 6 link to make a build that used a wider variety of skills, summoners would place pretty damn high on efficiency list if it didn't lower the level of skills gems which is completely not desirable. And some builds can just roll with level 1 skill gems end game...

My thoughts thinking about everything else, lots of things were added that are cool just to experiment with but are bad for how damage is shaped in the game like Cast on Critical Strike - worst example because issue was there before it. There are ways to get stupid damage but always the issue or rather the excuse was that those are expensive builds. Cheap builds can do it too and once you've done it you can't go back.
GGG makes the monsters take a little longer to kill. Some people QQ, omg game so boring, takes too long to finish maps and clear areas.

GGG keeps clear speed the same. Some people QQ, omg game so boring, too easy to kill things, snoozefest.

___

I think personally overall the game is in a pretty good place regarding average clear speed of monsters. There are tons of builds to play and enjoy for all playstyles. If you are the type of person that gets bored from clearing things super fast, then trade in your mjolners, shav's and crit daggers and lowlife builds and come back down to join the common man with their builds mapping with only 4 or 5 links and less than 5 exalt total cost. If you are the type of player is gets bored by not being able to kill mobs fast enough, continue to upgrade your items little by little until you get BIS in most slots.

Clear speed is relative to the builds and the gear. If you are worried about clearing mobs too fast, just use worse gear or play a less powerful build. There are lots of very fun builds that don't use OP uniques or have super DPS or clear super fast.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 27, 2015, 10:10:33 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

1b. Game allows for massive instant heals to full life using mechanics such as Vaal Pact and Acuity.

2. In order to combat #1, game implements heavy spike damage in hopes of killing those players before they can react.

3. In order to ensure normal players aren't DPS'd out by abnormally hard-hitting mobs, game keeps monster life values abnormally low so they can almost always be killed before they get position on you.

I partially disagree. I believe #2 and #3 need tuning down simultaniously first before people would even consider not burning GGG at the stake for tuning #1, but I agree with your basic setup.

The time-to-death of this game is now too low on both creeps and peeps. I don't want to be busting white zombies for 3 seconds a piece, but when a level 1 leapslam oneshots packs before I can even swing my static strike, something's amiss.

And no, my build is not crazy.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I partially disagree. I believe #2 and #3 need tuning down simultaniously first before people would even consider not burning GGG at the stake for tuning #1, but I agree with your basic setup.
You mean #1 and #2, right?

I mean, ideally all 3 would be simul-fixed but one shouldn't expect too much.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info